Radio Issues

Okay, so I bought a 2005 Almera SX 1.5 about a week ago, and I've had an issue with the radio. Often, when I first start the car up, the radio will make like a pop noise through the speakers, and it won't tune to any stations and there's no volume. I know the speakers work because when I switch the source to CD it plays no problem. I'm assuming it's a tuning issue for the radio as usually it will display RADIO 1 or FREE BHM on the display when tuned to the station. Anyway, after maybe 10 minutes of driving I'll turn my radio on and it will work with no issues. It's almost as if it needs to warm up? Not sure how to explain. Last night I went for a drive and went back into my house for about 5 minutes, came back out and when i started the car the radio worked and then went from displaying RADIO 1 to 98.1 or whatever station it is. At which point it just cut out.

I know it's not a problem with the volume so what could it be?

EDIT;

I also have these options when pressing the FM AM button. I know FM and MW, but what is the last one? Anyone else have this?

7bUtl3j

2RFDN2k

hnwhHn0

Last edited:
I've got 2 almera's and a brand new pulsar, guess what, all of them had stereo player issues, the almera's both had CD's stuck in them had to replace one and other I've just left it, brand new pulsar had stereo problems since the day I picked it up, had to take it back to Nissan and they had to change the head unit. I would suggest putting in a new stereo player.

I want to keep the old head unit. I went to Halfords, tried some booster but it didn't fit in the back of the unit. I've removed the aerial and installed it again. Nothing has worked. The radio isn't completely dead, it worked like 3 times today out of nowhere, but when I turn the car off and leave it off for a while, it won't work when I turn the car back on. It'll just said 97.9 instead of RADIO 1. Also, when it works it says EON on the screen.

Any help?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom