Radio non responsive at times, not turning on at other times?

I bought a N16 Almera (2004) a few weeks ago and am having constant problems with the radio. It's the integrated model with the climate control & radio together (no sat nav).
  • 75% of the time the radio works when the car is started, responds for a few minutes and then becomes completely non-responsive - but keeps playing whatever station/CD is on. No buttons work, not even the OFF button.
  • 10%, nothing when the car is started then it turns on after anything from 2 to 30 minutes and back to step one.
  • 10%, nothing when started and then at some stage works fine for the whole drive!
  • The other 5% of the time it mightn't work at all, or will work the whole time
The climate controls work 100% of the time.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any idea what the problem is? My 2 guesses are it's the wiring or the control panel. I took a look at what's behind the panels earlier but couldn't see any broken/frayed wires although there were some with insulation tape (maybe someone went at them before?)
In0hyTy.jpg

If it's not the wires I would put a standard radio in place of the CD player if I could figure out which of these wires going to the radio/climate panel does what....
VuhEzcq.jpg

I pretty sure that there is an adaptor for that... but I can't remember where I saw it.

Sendt fra min GT-I9195 med Tapatalk

I have exactly the same problem and i thought to wait better weather (winter is comming JS) to try to fix it but its enoying and please, if you fix it tell us what was the problem.

I replaced the CD unit with an aftermarket radio. It was more than likely a faulty CD/radio unit but I guess it could also have been the radio controls bit of the dash. I think that's unlikely as the climate control portion of that unit works perfectly.

I stripped the wires going to the CD unit and connected the "new" radio to them.
pHZmWjH.jpg

Here is the radio installed. The original radio controls now do nothing, and the controls on the steering wheel also are disconnected.
4o2PsTh.jpg

I didnt saw your answer for almost 2 years and i still didnt solve my problem. I gto mp3 player and tried to instal it but i didnt know witch wire from EURO (ISO) jack goes where :/ I instaled tablet in dash but i cant play music when ever I want. Can you remember witch wires are connecting?
I wish i could save wheel and dash controls so im searching unbroken original cy460

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_151252 M.jpg
    IMG_20171006_151252 M.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170823_210911M.jpg
    IMG_20170823_210911M.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi All
Could anybody help me about that problem? Has anybody solution?
I changed the console, i thinked i solved the problem but after 5 min it’s happend again.

Hi All
Could anybody help me about that problem? Has anybody solution?
I change the console, i thinked i solved the problem but after 5 min it’s happend again.
I bought a N16 Almera (2004) a few weeks ago and am having constant problems with the radio. It's the integrated model with the climate control & radio together (no sat nav).
  • 75% of the time the radio works when the car is started, responds for a few minutes and then becomes completely non-responsive - but keeps playing whatever station/CD is on. No buttons work, not even the OFF button.
  • 10%, nothing when the car is started then it turns on after anything from 2 to 30 minutes and back to step one.
  • 10%, nothing when started and then at some stage works fine for the whole drive!
  • The other 5% of the time it mightn't work at all, or will work the whole time
The climate controls work 100% of the time.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any idea what the problem is? My 2 guesses are it's the wiring or the control panel. I took a look at what's behind the panels earlier but couldn't see any broken/frayed wires although there were some with insulation tape (maybe someone went at them before?)
In0hyTy.jpg

If it's not the wires I would put a standard radio in place of the CD player if I could figure out which of these wires going to the radio/climate panel does what....
VuhEzcq.jpg
Is that solve the problem ?

Back
Top Bottom