Radio

Has anyone else experienced any problems with there N16 Radio switch off randomly.
Sometimes it wont do it for a couple of days but sometimes it will do it twice in a couple of hours
The steering wheel controls also don't work, but will sometimes work for a few minuites at random.
Are these faults related?

What could i try to fix it?

Any advice appreciated

Matt.

Could be a loose connector at the back of the stereo. try removing the stereo and checking the connectors are securely cliped into the unit. I don think the problems are related as the wires are on different connectors, unless of course the internals of the stereo are fooked. Get the stereo out and check the connectors first. could be something really simple. :)

Welcome to the AOC by the way :)

Stu.

I would do what StuN16Sport said and if thats not working then grab another radio from ebay or get a after market one in.

welcome to the forum :)

Yeah i took the stereo out and the connectors are fine, i then took the steerwheel surrounds off, the steering wheel control pad, and the covers on the steering wheel and couldn't find anything wrong. :confused:

So i'm putting the fault with either the wheel control pad, or wiring in the steering colum. What do you think?

The radio hasn't switched off now for a while, so i think its ok, i just want to get the steering wheel controls working!!!!!!

The strange thing is that its really intermitant cause the scan button works nearly all the time, then if you carry on pressing the volume buttons after about 5 minuites of driving all the buttons start working, then they stop again and it makes no differene what position the steering wheel is in.

I was thinking about another radio but, then had to buy 2 new tyres and a new exxhaust, so it will have to wait:mad:.

Thanks for the welcome guys

Matt

The strange thing is that its really intermitant cause the scan button works nearly all the time, then if you carry on pressing the volume buttons after about 5 minuites of driving all the buttons start working, then they stop again and it makes no differene what position the steering wheel is in.
I had the same type of thing on my old N16, it`d go up the channels all day, but when you kept going down the channels, it`d go down 3, then stick, so you`d have to go back up 1 to go down 3! :confused:

Never found out what the cause was though. :rolleyes:

the volume is not working on my n16s radio
the station is not displayed on the display
has anyone had this issue and how do I resolve it

Back
Top Bottom