Rafael's N15

Hi guys,

I'm a new member on this forum.
I own an N15 Almera from 96' and couple of days ago with a little help from Dale I finished my turbo project on the ga16de. Till now everything is fine :D

I had another project on this engine 1 year ago but my head gasket and cylinder head let me down after 1 month of boost,but now everything seems to be fine :D

Mods:
76 mm Vitaras
TD04L-13T Turbo from an 2000 Subaru Impreza
HKS SSQV BOV (replica)
External 38 mm wastegate (replica)
Manual boost controller
75 mm exhaust (no cat or resonator, just muffler)

Things to do:
Intercooler+piping
New bigger injectors 270 cc or 370 cc
New programable ECU
Coilovers
17" Rims
215/45/R17

If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

I uploaded some pics with the exteriour and I will post later some with the engine :))

SAM__zps274bf5b9.jpg

SAM_1386_zpscf500e90.jpg

SAM_1380_zpsc3fc40d5.jpg

SAM_1379_zps903d2c26.jpg

Last edited:
As I promise found some picture with the engine when it was rebuild and a comparison between the stock pistons and the vitaras, and by the way forgot to say that compression ration is 7.2:1

9514_768570906493101_567497849_n_zps933deeff.jpg

Here is the old pistons and the new vitara one

20140716_130024_zpsfeb14341.jpg

20140716_130015_zps21e03383.jpg

20140716_130029_zps23e42c8e.jpg

These are the Vitaras with the stock rods
20140722_133731_zps5bd6ec38.jpg

Aaan found the picture with the blown head gasket.........(my favorite one :( )

IMG_20140405_151515_zpsf6bb458f.jpg

I will upload more but just need to dig little bit more in the PC to find them

Nice to see people still play with the Ga16 engines. Nice build. What do you plan on doing with car when done? Just fun daily driver or take it on track or something?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well this is the only car that I have so I will use it as a daily drive (when ECU and injectors will come I want to achive something like 200 whp ).But maybe next year I will do some drag racing :D becouse we dont have any track in our country.

Nice work mate. That head gasket that's blown was caused by DET hopefully you've sorted the reasons it was doing that!

We're you not running and ecu management the first build??

Thank you.
About the ecu, I'm running the stock ecu, injectors and maf, becouse $$$ reasons.
I am now raise some money for buying the ecu from NISMOTRONIC , from what i'ved seen they are ok :D

Yep I want to get it as soon as possible.Hopefully with this low CR and not passing 3000 rpm the head gasket will remain unpoped :)

That will be nasty to drive off boost at that compression ratio..

Why not just wait until you have to proper management in place before driving it at all?

Very low comp 7.2:1. Did dale run a turbo on stock comp?

-phone-

It thought Dale went Vitara pistons at the end. 7.2:1 is really low though. Twin charging would sort that out a treat! ;) Also a decent skim of the head would bring it up a bit. 8.5 would be decent all round I think.

Yeah i ran the YCP Vitara pistons in my GA back then. Fron what i remember, even with the low CR Its not bad on stock cams. Its still responsive enough.

With a good tunable ECU and those pistons it should be able to handle lots of boost!

I made like 200 kms till now(not sure cause my dasboard is not registering kms) i dont hear any backfire at all.Its true that when the engine is cold it needs like 3 cranks before it starts but when its warmed up it runs like stock.

Who needs an intercooler anyway haha!

Although it would reduce the chance of DET for when you map it you'll be surprised how the temperatures differ when you compress the air!

Yep i know is funny and extremly hommade but as a student $$$ are limited :)).and about air belive me is like a proffesional hairdryer.Well thing is that i need to decide what will be first thing to buy intercooler or proggramable ecu ?

I decided that intercooler will be first to get in so hopefully by the end of this week it will be mounted on the car.

Back
Top Bottom