Rasing N16 Hood

Darren198712

Just chillin'
I have made a guide I will post it up once I am a member again just waiting so that I can be activated as a member again.

its easy to raise it on the N15's but on the N16's its a different story

I mean like this below (Damo-Sri's car)
DSC03014.jpg

O/T sorry but where did you get that AOC thing above the tax disc?? It's proper cool!

He didnt because thats a pic of my car! :lol: Made it at work mate reads Nissan Almera Owners Club around the top and bottom, cut in a glass etch vynil and stuck inside so it looks laser eched to the glass. Watch this space (well, another thread) for a full list of graphics that ive been working on for the club.

Back on topic, be interested to see how youve done it mate didnt have too much grief with mine but have no idea on the N16 layout.

Damo-Sri said:
Back on topic, be interested to see how youve done it mate didnt have too much grief with mine but have no idea on the N16 layout.
it took me 2 hours or so as you need to rip off

both wings
both head lights
and front bumper

I had to do it this way as the thread on the bolts are to short on the N16 so I raised it on the lower half of the Hood bracket but you need to slightly modify the bracket

AOC Tax Disc (AOC ID Card kinda thing)
http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=10885

Darren198712 said:
it took me 2 hours or so as you need to rip off

both wings
both head lights
and front bumper

:eek: WHY!? :confused:

N16 is virtually identical to N15, so pretty much a 10 minute job for each side (guessing here, as I`ve not done mine yet). :O

No offense Darren, but why do people have to over-complicate things by finding the hardest way of doing an easy job? :confused:

On the windscreen sticker subject, I`ve got one of these, but very subtly different, & it does look mint! :cool:

Almera Guy said:
:eek: WHY!? :confused:

N16 is virtually identical to N15, so pretty much a 10 minute job for each side (guessing here, as I`ve not done mine yet). :O

No offense Darren, but why do people have to over-complicate things by finding the hardest way of doing an easy job? :confused:
lol have a look and you will see there are nuts holding the bracket to the hood and the thread is just long enough for 2 washers
(3 is too much as the nut will not be bolted on properly not enough thread)

and there is no way you can get to the bolt unless you cut it off and drill it out. but once you drill it out you can not place a new bolt in as there are no holes in the under the hood. please may a N16 owner confirm this for me.

I did my research before I started lol I read Damo-Sri before I started

Sorry Darren, I wasn`t having a go @ you, it just surprised me that you did it that way.

You`re probably right though, as I can`t remember very much about my old N16! :O

get some pics up for now at least darren!! never seen an n16 with a raised bonnet.. was thinking of raising mine but i duno if it would suit.. plus i'm worried about rain getting in etc etc..

I got this idea as I was at a scrap yard and seen a K11 Micra with the wings and hood removed. and I had a look at the bracket and thorght I could raise mine like this so I did it
dub_almera said:
get some pics up for now at least darren!! never seen an n16 with a raised bonnet.. was thinking of raising mine but i duno if it would suit.. plus i'm worried about rain getting in etc etc..
I have not took any pics at the moment I will take some tomorrow afternoon. I think I need to raise it a bit more

Almera Guy said:
Sorry Darren, I wasn`t having a go @ you, it just surprised me that you did it that way.

You`re probably right though, as I can`t remember very much about my old N16! :O
your alright mate I know you was not having a go at me lol. I would think the same if I had a N15 and someone did it like N16.

I raised mine at about new year with 3 and 4 washers (3 on the front bolts 4 on the back) nd the bolts were long enough... Havent got any close up pictures though

That's wierd, I was lookign at mine a couple of days ago and wondering how easy it would be.

Speaking of which - how easy is getting the bumper (literally just the outer plastic bit) off?
I want to mesh the gap at the bottom to match my funky new meshed foglamp blanking plates..

its very easy to do if you know what your doing the bumper is loads of plastic clips with 2 screws under the arch

6mm raised
6mmRaisedhood.jpg

6mmRaisedhood2.jpg

10.5 or 11mm raised
10-11mmRaisedhood.jpg

10-11mmRaisedhood2.jpg

10-11mmRaisedhood3.jpg

See its nutted on and I need to cut it and drill it out and then weld a bolt on
if I do it your way Almera Guy
there are no holes around it :(
NoCanDo.jpg

I think that`s just about subtle enough as it is Darren, not noticeable unless you know what to look for. :cool:

P.S: Nice rims! :)

Almera Guy said:
I think that`s just about subtle enough as it is Darren, not noticeable unless you know what to look for. :cool:

P.S: Nice rims! :)

lol thx can't wait to get mybody kit and get it sprayed. going to cost me £525 for

Full rear bumper respray + rear motordrome lip
Full front bumper respray + front motordrome lip
Side Skirts (motordrome)
OEM Spoiler
Front debadge and bad badboy hood
N16 Phase 2 Cluster lights Sprayed
Door Handle color coded
Alloy referb

Back
Top Bottom