removing front door cards

Had to take the whole door apart when I changed the handle on my 00 plate, and it should be the same.

The bit with the window controls and bit with the wee cubbyhole/armrest just come right out (grab and pull firmly) to reveal four (I think) screws. I think there's also a couple of those stupid plastic pop studs that you push and they come out.

Undo them and then lift the whole door interior off.

StevenC said:
Had to take the whole door apart when I changed the handle on my 00 plate, and it should be the same.

The bit with the window controls and bit with the wee cubbyhole/armrest just come right out (grab and pull firmly) to reveal four (I think) screws. I think there's also a couple of those stupid plastic pop studs that you push and they come out.

Undo them and then lift the whole door interior off.

take the handle off too first and there are screws along the bottom too iirc. when u put the water trap back on be sure its sealed as they are prone to leaking water into the footwells

be careful when u take the window controls and arm rest bit off as the clips tend to break pretty easily.

i take it your planning on making sum 17cm speaker collars? i traced round my old speaker to give an exact copy, cut it out and screwed it in with my new speakers.

made a hell of a difference,

incase u wanna change the rear speakers aswell they are 4x6 (or 6x4's)

scdavis said:
incase u wanna change the rear speakers aswell they are 4x6 (or 6x4's)
I never bothered changing mine as the 6x4's are over priced and they are not as good quality as the 17cm's. just cut 17cm holes in the shelf if i was you

i went a bit ott with my back shelf :O i ended up strengthening it and shoving in 4 6"x9"s ;)

Darren198712 said:
off topic

use 25mm MDF and make a shelf and get some black carpet :)

or just buy one for bout £55 lol
they were in production bout 2months ago (when i checked)

Back
Top Bottom