Retrimming?

Could this be a DIY job?

Fancying have a dab-hand at it but didn't what was involved or how to set off about it...

Anyone ideas? Dont fancy paying £800+ for a retrim

The place that I was told about (which was recommended by NaylorGTi) down here is called Kish. The ballpark figure when his retrim was done was £1200, its probably about £1400 now.

Mick

Uffff 1.4k? Whats that in?

Sorry this is in an old thread, just been looking for something and stumbled across it.

I know a professional car trimmer who would do it for less than half that price, depending on what material you wanted...

B

you know the professional car trimmer but how good is his job's ? if its a good job then i will be interested :)

is your dad giving you trade prices or is that prices to anyone ?

WildChild88 said:
My dad also does this professionally, based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, if he's nearer to anyone :)
:P

i was an upholsterer for about 2 years ,a lad i worked with done his and it looked shite defo a job for the pro's,and remember you get what you pay for !!

Hey Darren

He's been doing vehicle upholstery for 27 years!
Asked him about prices:

£800 - full leather
£600 - mix of leather and fake leather
£400 - cloth or fake leather or a mix of both

Please note these prices are estimates, and include all seats and door inserts.
Hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you need anything else

Take it easy
B

I am interested in this but at the moment my priorities is to finish my body kit, audio and bucket seats off and then I will be very interested at getting a re trim done as it needs it. my interior looks like a proper grand dads car

I was wondering how long does it take to re trim the car ? front and rear seats and door panels ?
truckingracer said:
what you pay for !!
not really cowboys could set up a company and charge OTT prices

VERY interested in fake leather for £400-ish. :cool:

How long roughly would it take for a full interior? (got a complete spare interior that`s crying out to be done) :D

EDIT: Beaten by 2 mins by Darren of all people! ;)

bugger fake leather, it wont pay to have that done. i got quoted £900 from one person and £1100 from a top company, in the end i decided none was best for me.

He said he could do it in about a week :)

prices may be different for bucket seats, depending on how they're made, cause sometimes they can be a complete tw*t to retrim!

Back
Top Bottom