Rev Gauge issue and heater controls...any help

Hi Guys

Got a funny one here......sometimes when i start the car up the revometer tends to go a little crazy and will bounce around and go right to the end and then tend to settle down maybe at a slightly higher point then what tghe car actually is......car idles fine and runs ok but the needle just seems to have a mind of its own.....any ideas

Also the heater controls seem to only work and switch on when i put them on level 4 or the highest, iv tried getting another heater control but it does the same......what could it be

my car is a 1997 N15 Gti

Any help would be appreciated

Fas

problem with the clocks could be a bad earth, give that a try, if not i have a set of clocks, heater could be the heater unit? i have one of them to, iv pm'd you about the brakes

the rev counter is more than likely down to the clocks them selves, happened on a mates almera

heater. again, comon fault, needs a new heater reostat, about £30 from nissan or there is a way of fixing it but not sure how

you have pm

The heater thing is a common fault seach up "heater matrix". As for the rev counter it might have been covered before. IIRC its an issue to do with the connector or you might need to replace your whole dials!

Beat to it!

yep the heater problem is caused by the control reostat, its burnt out, it is located behind your glove box at the bottom of the white chamber simply unplug it then remove the 2 screws holding it inplace and replace it with a new one from nissan, they changed the design so it shouldnt happen again as you will notice the new one is a lot smaller than your old one :D

Guys you can fix the heater fault yourself if you have and can use:- soldering iron, solder, flux, bit of copper. Post up ya pic and i'll tell ya how to fix it. I fixed mine in ten min. Works perfect. I shopuld have taken pics of mine when did it..ooops pm me if like.

i remember i had the same problem with my nissan micra got a new heater reostat ( i actually just rang up nissanand asked for the heater resistor card lol) but he knew what i was on about and better getting it from nissan as even fleabay ones priced the same or more expensive.

you can solder it to fix it but the new ones for the micra were smaller and was told by the dealer it was due to moisture etc etc so thats why they changed the design on them, got me an almera now :)

Yeah, the heater works through a series of resistors for each setting, resisting the current for lower blow, if that makes sense. Resistors are fucked just, common fault wit almera/micras, better to replace unit, rather than solderin new reistors

Back
Top Bottom