Rob-Gti's Black Autech Pulsar

Well I keep meaning to put some work in progress pics up of the Pulsar but I never get round to it cos I'm always at work :(
But with it being a bank holiday I managed to get it out the lock up and cleaned up a bit.

I haven't refitted the Autech Sideskirts yet as it wants some work on the sill. Should be getting that done this week. Wheels are Enkei IRS/ES Tarmac's and it's sat on Meister's.

I got rid of the Autech Spoiler and fitted an N1 one, Lucino lights and the JDM option Carbon number plate surround, but had it sprayed Black as it had a crack in. I also had the boot lock, washer jet and wiper holes filled and added VZ-R spats.
VZ-R badge might upset the pureists but I like the look of it even if it hasn't got VVL!

The original Autech bumper was smashed to bits by my ex missus who got it caught on a kerb and reversed off so I got a perfect one and had it resprayed. It has the original fogs! I added the open mouth option grille too, 2 new JDM indicator less wings and the JDM wind deflectors.
I also added VZ-R lights and indicators.

N1 Interior with wind up windows, Original Nismo Clocks with 10k RPM limit, Momo Wheel and Nismo gearknob. I took out all the stereo and speakers to save weight and used Nissan blanks to blank off the double DIN...I prefer the sound of the Autech engine anyway!

Standard Autech engine (175ps) with ebay manifold, VVL rocker cover, Blue leads and coolant hoses, Alloy Rad and lighter Cusco Aluminium strut brace. I also binned the A/C to save weight.
I went back to a standard Airfilter too with a genuine Nismo element as the HKS Mushroom was just drawing in hot air from the Rad and Manifold.

Nismo exhaust system

Cusco aluminium triangulated rear brace and Carbing rear tower bar (Replaces rear floor plates and saves approx 10kg) I binned the space saver wheel too.

Here's a few pics of it alongside my Type R FN2 with full Mugen kit.
It seems a lot lighter and nimble compared to the Type R. When it's MOT'd I'm gonna drag the 2 against each other to see which is quicker! ;)

Lovely. I suspect the 'duh will edge ahead of it, though.

Nissan have to get their hot-hatch finger out.
I don't think they do tbh wraith, like rob I've also had the same civic and felt quicker and more fun in the autech, them civics also like to eat the juice 21mpg is what I got out of mine and had to be ragged about to have alittle bit of fun unlike the autech, but I'm sure rob will feel the difference again lol..

Like I've already said bud and seen it in person it's a lovely car all over mate, yours and dales have got to be the best autechs in da club ;)

Finally some pics!

Really liking the overall look. Love the colour of the wheels. We've got quite a few similar mods on the autechs

I think i need to get mine back on the road just to meet up and take pics lol!

at long last Rob!! good to see her in the sun light. nice choice of mods and great to see an N15's on coilovers that isnt slam'd too much. going back to the standard airbox was the right move i reckon too, then maybe plumb in a decent cold air feed. love the dials and braces pal, skirts will finish of the look nicely.

at long last Rob!! good to see her in the sun light. nice choice of mods and great to see an N15's on coilovers that isnt slam'd too much. going back to the standard airbox was the right move i reckon too, then maybe plumb in a decent cold air feed. love the dials and braces pal, skirts will finish of the look nicely.
Cheers I didn't want to go too low cos it's got a Type 1 Cusco brace on and that already catches on the road, plus I didn't want to smash the front bumper to bits. :oops:
It's just got a standard cold air feed off a Gti-R on now which just happens to fit it!

Seeing threads like this brings a tear to my eye that im selling up, nice seeing the high end of almera ownership rather than bogo 1.4 rust bucket threads what the car club needs more aspirational builds

How long you had it? did your import it yourself? how long in the uk previous club owners?

Seeing threads like this brings a tear to my eye that im selling up, nice seeing the high end of almera ownership rather than bogo 1.4 rust bucket threads what the car club needs more aspirational builds

How long you had it? did your import it yourself? how long in the uk previous club owners?

Thanks Eddie, I bought it just over 3 years ago. It was on ebay and I bid on it, went to work and came home to find I'd won it, so the following weekend I drove down to Bournemouth and collected it. It was more or less standard apart from an aftermarket steering wheel/gear knob, Nismo springs and Black 17" Wolfrace wheels with a chrome lip.

I ran it for about 5 months til my ex damaged the bumper and a wing in a supermarket car park so I took it off the road to repair it. I just got a bit carried away with it though and decided to rebuild the whole car, so every single nut and bolt I removed I replaced with new. Working in a car factory has it's advantages. ;)

My plan was to leave the engine as factory as possible....Autech knew their stuff IMO so why mess with it if it's working great and 175ps was enough so I concentrated on improving it's driveability and handling by stripping the weight down while still keeping it's Autech look, after all stripped out cars are ok on the track but I wanted a car that looks good, I could drive every day and be reliable, not half a car that I can't have a conversation with my passengers in. :)

I've also tried to keep up the whole JDM theme with the car after all it's the whole Japanese style of it that I like so I've sourced genuine JDM parts wherever possible. This is the same Japanese philosophy of cars that I've always liked where every modification is functional and helps that little bit to achieve a better drivers car.

Apparently it has been on the club before though, a previous owner came on the forum and said it had a misfire problem which seems to check out as it had brand new plugs, dizzy and rotor arm when I got it. I haven't got the original import info but it was first registered 15/11/2006

Just checked date of registration on mine 01/03/1996 :) wonder what mij/dales/corbs/SAMs are

So what we got 4xblack and 2xsilver lol

Just checked date of registration on mine 01/03/1996 :) wonder what mij/dales/corbs/SAMs are

So what we got 4xblack and 2xsilver lol

I can't remember what mine was, i know the guy i bought it off had it for 11years and im pretty sure he was the first Uk owner. Doesn't really matter now since i had to re-shell mine.

I know its been asked before but besides the six on the forum are there any more in the uk?

There was a Silver one owned by a woman who came on here and thought it was worth about 4k despite having a hole rusted across the bottom of the door and there is apparently another Black one knocking about in Chesterfield / Dronfield reg N564BNU

There was a Silver one owned by a woman who came on here and thought it was worth about 4k despite having a hole rusted across the bottom of the door and there is apparently another Black one knocking about in Chesterfield / Dronfield reg N564BNU

Ah yes I remember the silver one but its the first im hearing about the one in chesterfield.

I went to look at one a few years ago with the intention of buying it but it sold the day after.

Was gutted as I would have got it for £500

Back
Top Bottom