Rob's Trop Green GTi

Been a member for years now but never posted a mebers ride. This gti is my third, started with a bs7 that i never should have sold.

image-4219467640.jpg

Second was a cheap dented red one as i had a few shit cars and wanted to get back into a GTi.

Current car is a 1999 tropical green p2. Purchased last may and then transfered parts from the red one before it was broken.

1999 with 89000 miles

2 slat grille from nz scrap yard for a bargain $12

Rear wiper removed

200sx cream leather fronts on half 200sx rails and half almera rails, rears still to fit.

Ebay short shifter with nismo copy knob.

Daiyama coilovers

Standard GTi wheels with parada spec 2's

Ebay manifold, 200 cell sports cat, scorpion cat back system

Home made silicon intake with ram air filter

Conceptua ht leads

Bonnet lifter struts

Stickerbombed door pillars, i know this won't be to everyones tast but it's temporary as when i bought the car it had obviously had a new door at some point but the gloss black not sprayed on.

Plans for the future are, more power, got upgraded discs and pads to go on, replacement front bumper with sri splitter.
Ideally a full respray in original colour as its not perfect in places. Lucino tail lights. Flocked dash and door cards trimmed to match seats. Meister r's and polly bushes.

Please excuse the poor pics but will give it a good clean and use my propper camera.

image-3503138777.jpg

image-3044731817.jpg

image-213398486.jpg

image-1232196842.jpg

image-1479226571.jpg

image-3085508775.jpg

I really like it, always wanted a trop green N15. I think the stickerbombed door pillars are cool in a wierd way. Only because of the colour do you get away with it though. Top Job!

Thanks DYSOPATH, you are correct, if the car was any other colour if would stand out a mile. Want them all body colour when i eventually get my mate to agree to spray itl for me.

Deglobed the repeater lamps today and used led bulbs so no amber visible atall. Just need to put in some resistors, or buy better quality led bulbs with built in resistors ( if they exist).

Still desperate to use all my cleaning products and get some decent pics to put up but am a little put off putting in so much effort cleaning as it's now become the girlfriends daily until i get round to sorting her car that gave up on tuesday.

On the look out for an sri/vzr splitter if anyone has a decent one and willing to post.

I nearly bought one this colour in Bournemouth last week, but someone beat me to it. Nice ride mate and I really like the contrasting leather.

Finally got round to giving it a clay bar, polish and wax today. The mrs is out with the good camera so again just a phone pic. Already got a replacement bumper and waiting on a vzr/sri splitter to arrive, then once its painted up i will be happy.

image-4028713351.jpg

Not much been going on with this lately due to holiday and paid work on the side :). Fitted 2 wishbones, poly arb and link bushes, cv boots and remade rear brake pipes for mot last month. Advisory on sill rust that needs to be taken care of asap then a good tidy up of the paintwork once she is solid.

Picked up a jdm centre console today that chunky kindly collected for me at jae and also set my ignition timing with the help and ease of his laptop. Thanks mate :)

Not much happened for a while mate as we have a wedding to pay for at the end of this year, however because of the wedding venue we dont need cars and the mrs suggested if i want to spend some money tidying up my car so i can have pics with it on the day she is happy with that as she know of my almera obsession :) this weekend will hopefully strip the underside and underseal what i can, replace the copper pipes from front to rear and fit the braided hoses that finally turned up this week. Need to change the drive belts for new ones, have the sills welded and generally tidy up the paintwork (1 rear arch, front bumper, colourcode door handles)

The mrs also told me to buy nismosteves turbo kit as she is fed up of me saying i want boost :) but when it came down to it the welding really needs to come first.

Wheel wise i want rota grids but now swaying towards keeping standard and having them powdercoated and dipped with a pattern (ott designs in milton keynes )

Small update, sooo much i want to do power wise but that has to wait until after the wedding. So for now, as i mentioned before i have now replaced the metal brake pipes front to rear, new purple braided flexes all round and fresh fluid. Drive belts replaced and service carried out. Bought @rowdy-GTi front bumper with vzr lip, luckily it was still in the paint shop when the mrs hit 2 badgers, bought a new genuine front wing and all is painted ready to collect tomorrow. Only issue will be the colour match but will see how far out it is once its all put together tomorrow. Will seal up the inner wing before its put together but happy with the condution under there. In need of some more coilovers as mine are past worn out so that will be the next purchase when some come up. Also bought a set of wheels from @Dale so will help tidy the look up and stop the vibration from the buckled standard wheel. image-1561474770.jpg image-1253354383.jpg image-3298457838.jpg

Attachments

• image-4274691734.jpg
    image-4274691734.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 42
I dubious as to how good the colour match will be. Metallics are hard enough to match if you paint joining panels in the same booth at the same time. It's about how the particles lay on the surface.
Looks clean on the inner wings anyway mate. Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom