Ross Autech

oooh this talk of nitrous is veeeeeeery interesting, is there much danger to your manifold and floorpan?

lulz, jokes aside what system have you gone for, whats generally the best choice in terms of nitrous shot type, size and costs involved etc etc.

I have a Wizards of nos streetblaster 150i kit, with the TPS upgrade, 11lbs bottle and pressure gauge upgrade.

do not even entertain a dry shot, its a waste of time money and power

50hp is a nice safe shot, ive got mine jetted to a 50 nitrous and 110 fuel giving a ratio of 2.2:1 to richen it up and make it safer, this gains a PEAK 40hp and 75ftlbs of torque.

costs... budget a grand for the kit, 1500 if you need it fitted for you. and £75 every time you need to fill up the bottle.

its not cheap gains, but its fun.

that is not as cheap as i expected, no way near infact. then again getting N/A power or turbo power from the engines in primeras/almeras is never going to be relatively 'cheap' above the basic mods giving 170'ish bhp.

as they say, gots to pay to play, that or buy a reasonably powered car from the start for an easy life lol.

that being said nice figures, hope the weather sorts itself out and you can be a hooligan soon :p

3ba3cf62.jpg

who does that? who the fuck jacks it there? even worse, who the fuck jacks it there ON BOTH SIDES

the floor pan is actually buckled on the passenger side.

i hate this fucking car...

Want me to answer that?

I actually feel for you, had nothing but problems with this car

its rotten through one skin, but it is solid under that. so im unsure what to do :

1. seam sealer it and underseal over it, shouldnt get any worse once its sealed up.

2. get it welded properly

its rotten through one skin, but it is solid under that. so im unsure what to do :

1. seam sealer it and underseal over it, shouldnt get any worse once its sealed up.

2. get it welded properly
#

Dab abit of underseal, weld over it.. and then underseal the shit out of it

As much as it's a cunt, I reckon you need to do it right. You've spent a fortune elsewhere on the car, no point going half arsed on this.

Grind it back and have a steel trough made and just get it welded straight over the top then seal over it. A mate of mine did this to an MX5 last week for an MOT and it looks great. Shame your not local i'd get him to do yours.

yeah i think im gonna need to do it right.

that also means im not welding it myself. get someone to do it properly for me. ill just fab up the plates and do the prep work and get one of my dads mates to weld it in for me.

means out with the fucking carpet again lol

Do it once and do it properly dude! I did see someone reshaping those box sections on SXOC with a g clamp and some pieces of wood I think, worked pretty well!

I don't feel bad about mine now cheers Ross, mm that isn't going to be helping with chassis strength. You could make it flat, cutt off any lower bits to make it level and weld a 25x50mm steel box section over the beam. Would give smiler effect to what I had done recently. Id go as far to say the N15 chassis needs it..

basically it failed on two things

number plate bulb out

excessive corrossion to outer sill... FUCK OFF. i have failed an mot the last 3 years for this...

so welder out tommorow... retest booked for saturday.

looks rotton - how did you miss this when repairs were done in the same area?

You can buy those sections new. They are fairly cheap I think. Somebody was clearing a pair out not too long ago iirc. Easy welding if you get the proper panel just the joint and plug weld to the floor. Job done. Still easily repairable fabricating a panel but it won't look quite as it should.
The problems seem to just keep coming with this thing.

you've repaired the otter sill for the last MOT, a glance in the general area would have shown the damaged box sections? hope you get it sorted Ross
david

you've repaired the otter sill for the last MOT, a glance in the general area would have shown the damaged box sections? hope you get it sorted Ross
david

as i said above, where did i say i had never saw this damage before?

i was under the car today tightening hte PS belt (BITCH) and decided to snap a pic.

but ive seen it before, it was particularly obvious when the carpet was out and the floor was like a hump bridge

Back
Top Bottom