Running Wires Through The Door

Ok, after a few quotes on getting my front components fitted, i have decided to give it a whirl myself
can anyone tell me where i can run the wire through the door
i can see the rubber gromet with the bolt in it, but cant work out how i am gonna get the wire through the door and in to the car
is it just a matter of drilling a hole in the door?
even then, i cant work out how to get a drill in there at that angle
any clues?
cheers

wow, i didn't even know they existed
i'll have to see if my mate has one. I got a feeling he aint :(
is there any other tricks i could pull off to get the wire through or is drilling the only option?

i drilled. its easier. feed the speaker cable through and put some convoluted tubing in

on mine I removed the rubber grommet from the door, bashed in the side a bit with a large tool, then put the rubber grommet back in and fed the wires in and sealed it up from the inside, saying that I didnt know there was such a thing as an angled drill then........

NaylorGTI said:
on mine I removed the rubber grommet from the door, bashed in the side a bit with a large tool, then put the rubber grommet back in and fed the wires in and sealed it up from the inside, saying that I didnt know there was such a thing as an angled drill then........

funny thats what i done last week aswell when fitting mine

i used a normal drill ... it wasn't that hard ... just a fast bit and a steady hand =)

probably easier to drill a pilot hole first with a smaller bit

from the outside
i'd post pictures if my digicam wasn't buggered =/

Wiring the doors

There are a few ways i have employed in the past.

It is possible to re-wire the excellent plugs for the door looms. This takes a while.

You can drill two holes in the door and the A post. I did this from inside the door and inside the car respectively, all with a normal (air) drill. IF you can get some gromets, this is great, to keep the door well sealed. If not, silicon sealer. If you make the holes close to the original wiring, you can tie it all up nicely and keep it out the way.

As there is a plug at only one end of the short loom, it is possible to poke the wire as far down the rubber as possible and then take it out a split in the rubber and through a hole in the door.

What sort of speakers are everyone fitting in their doors?

I'm just finishing off the next stage of my stereo, maybe photos to follow.

Attachments

• shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom