secure message

hi guys, i have just bought a 2003 model tino, and it has an intermittent error on the radio, sometimes when i start the car the radio works fine with no problems, other times it freezes and doesnt respond to any buttons pressed, if left for a while it will eithe rwork or come up with the secure mesage on the screen with the green background. so far i have disconnected the battery to try a hard reset, checked the wires behind the steering cowl, and checked the wires behind the control panel for the radio, i have had it plugged in at nissan today to check any faults and the only one was a non start code which was cleared with no improvement.
if the radio faults from start up, it will sometimes respond if the car is turned off and restarted. the heating, air con controls work just fine so i think the control panel is fine.
the only think i can find on the net is possibly the nats system is not connecting with the audio unit every time, but would this be intermittant or a permanent fault, and would having the keys recoded to the car solve anything?
the radio does work fine when it does, but its annoying the hell out me not knowing what the fault is.
any clear ideas guys?

Does sound like a wiring issue. Have you checked them back to the power and ECU from the audio units?

hi mate, thanks for a reply, i have checked the connections on back of audio unit, and on key barrell, nats unit, just dont see why it sometimes works fine and other times it just doesnt respond to any buttons pressed, i cant help think it is something to do with the key coding system in some way, as when it does work all the controls work fine, so that kinda rules out any of the units being faulty i think. its driving me nuts trying to solve it though.

true, do you have any idea of where the ucu is located that it connects to or where i should trace back exactly ?

Behind the glove box. All wires from the units go either to there, to the fuse box right of the steering wheel, or through the firewall to the engine bay.

I have the same problem with a 2004 Almera, interestingly, the radio started working when I used the spare key but has now stopped again. I,m sure its a NATS issue.

Back
Top Bottom