Socket

Sam

Staff member
Just "may" be a silly question, but im gonna change the gearbox oil when I get back.
What do I need to undo the filler and drain plugs? is it a 1/2" square socket???

Halfords/Motorman?

always assumed it was just the drive on the rachet tbh, ie the bit the socket would go on, never changed it but thats what it looks like to me.

If it's the same as my P10 then it is approx the same as the 1/2" drive ratchet but not an exact fit so it's probably 13mm.
The fill/level plug on the P10 is also roughly a 3/8" ratchet size but is a little loose so a 10mm square would be better.

I managed to do it yesterday, bought an 11mm square drive and filed it down for a perfect fit ;) for the fill plug, for the drain plug the head on the big ratchet fitted,

but I managed to get 4l of oil in without it coming out the fill plug??? how much oil actually goes in?

lol

PWNT.gif

Mark I did the exact same in the search bar, Il take the owning with some egg n chips if youve got any?

Between 3.5l and 3.9l, I get 4l in without it coming out the fill plug theres my point

On the N15 the level is a specific distance from the top of the speedo drive opening (39-44mm). Make sure the car is level too.

Back
Top Bottom