some historic GTi pictures

1225_01.jpg

1225_02.jpg

1225_03.jpg

1225_04.jpg

1225_05.jpg

1225_06.jpg

What a difference to how the Flamera is now! If you compare it to these pictures you can see how much time and money has gone into the car

true that seems a million miles away from where it is today!! still cool then but even better know!!

crikey they are some classics there, some over 4 years ago! :eek: :lol:

Damien you wont get slated, its a matter of opinion and how you want your own car to look.

I started with the subtle look, i used to race about a bit especially down maidstone where late night racing was at one point was the thing to do and place to be.

That got shut down shortly after, i grew up (a bit) and the performance styling changed into the more show car stylee which got me the bug for show n shine trophies and magazine coverage, the orange look was just the next (and final) progressive level to continue winning the trophies and get the coveted magazine cover shoot and large sponsorships which come with the title.

The GTi in standard form is a beautiful car IMO.. especially in silver, thats why i bought it, but in the show competition scene subtle looks and standard paints are very much overlooked. The same goes for magazine cover shoots.

that arch gap in the last 2 pix is just wrong though :lol:

thats enough blabbing for me lol

I have some even older ones than that at home. Remember the northampton meet Andy ?

Madders, you, me, Rob, Mark plus others though I can't remember who...

Think all you had done then was a bit of colour coding and std !! :eek: rims

its crazy to think that far back lol, can remeber some of the south end trips. of the peeps who around 3/4 years ago there arnt many left. its mad to see how far the cars have come too. SR20DE_GTI havent used that one for a couple of years

Back
Top Bottom