SR16 March On Carbs

Robbed from SR20 Forum.
sr16onbikecarbs.jpg

http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16ve/191241-sr16-neo-vvl-slides-2.html

yeah that must sound unreal, ive looked into it and ive found all the right companies n manufactuers,to do the job, im getting the throttle body kit from jenvey dynamics then taking it to dtw engines which do engine buiding whom have an account with hks and motec plus others for i will get a m400 standalone ecu to run it all, it kinda like a one stop shop, which is what ive been looking for, a roll-in roll-out job, the owners reckons i could be running between 230-250 bhp, but will need lots of dynoing, the whole package comes in at abt 6k expensive but will be worth it, the ecu + throttle bodies are 2900, fitting and dynoing will be 1k too, has any one else on the aoc got throttle bodies? could go turbo, but its good to be different too!
work in progess mind im buying the parts bit buy bit, im looking for some vvl pisons if any one has some? getting cams and pullys in jan,
cant wait should be ready for the ring in aug and some other trackday events in the year
:)

You think its worth the cost just to have carbs? you could do a lot with that money,plus its gonna be hard to tune so make sure you get someone that has that experience with them.

stufagti said:
yeah that must sound unreal, ive looked into it and ive found all the right companies n manufactuers,to do the job, im getting the throttle body kit from jenvey dynamics then taking it to dtw engines which do engine buiding whom have an account with hks and motec plus others for i will get a m400 standalone ecu to run it all, it kinda like a one stop shop, which is what ive been looking for, a roll-in roll-out job, the owners reckons i could be running between 230-250 bhp, but will need lots of dynoing, the whole package comes in at abt 6k expensive but will be worth it, the ecu + throttle bodies are 2900, fitting and dynoing will be 1k too, has any one else on the aoc got throttle bodies? could go turbo, but its good to be different too!
work in progess mind im buying the parts bit buy bit, im looking for some vvl pisons if any one has some? getting cams and pullys in jan,
cant wait should be ready for the ring in aug and some other trackday events in the year

Nice one, Think Tech 1 had TB's on his DE...but it was all abit secret so Im no sure.

Gspecperformance sell VVL pistons.

Think they can make Jenveys fit just about anything with FI. When I used to read about that stuff, they seemed to use an Emerald ECU a lot? That Micra on carbs is cool as fuck!

shame its a 5dr micra and therefore looks SHITE. but engine looks good.

Doubt any AOC car has ITBs. Im tempted by some but cant justify £1250 on them yet. I have a set of GTiR ones but apparently theyre difficult to setup due to the design and the vacuum lines

6K is a bit of a joke to have ITB`s fitted. Just think what other cars you could buy for that!......if you can afford that you may as well wait and buy a full Almera rally car! i`m all for people being different, but practical aswell.

yeah its a bit pricy, skylines are a bit to big for me size wise and high maintenance and how many skylines do you see racing around every where.. there like scoobies! not that i like dont like them they are great cars but every one has them, there everywhere. and insurance too will kill me!! the almera with EVERY mod declard is only 700 tpft n im only 23 with 2 years n/c. yeah i do agree a turbo will give more power and be nice to have but its more agro in the long run maintenance etc, im more for raw power no lag just go, anyways 240-250 bhp is more than enough through the front wheels. Natually aspirated all the way!!!!

Back
Top Bottom