SR20De LSD

Does anyone on here know where you can get and LSD at a reletively good price for the SR20De gearbox?

Thanks,
Rob

I don't mind spending a bit of money.Going to need sumthin to get the traction and grip for forestry and road rallies.I know you can get an ATB lsd from Quaiffe but I ideally want a plate LSD one.

Phantom grip??

If you can find an JP import N14 Pulsar 1.8 GTi they came with an LSD, not sure how strong the box itself is however.?

Almost bought a 1.8 GTi on e-bay the other day.Missed it.Dam thing.Was sold before auction ended.

Was hoping to get more power out of the GTi before whacking it in the rally car but there's no point doing that unless I can get a plate LSD to get the power down and get some grip.

By the way.....does a 4-2-1 manifold off an Almera GTi fit onto the Sunny GTi.I know they are the same engines but want to make sure that it does defo fit.

The stock VZR / Pulsar SR18DE LSD is better than an open diff' but to be honest guys, if you want a good LSD, it is going to cost you.

Get a NISMO LSD...you'll be glad you did!

IIRC you can get a brand new NISMO one for £500 with warranty etc etc pluys shipping tho iirc,

better than buy a second hand one n gearbox i guess?

Contact the member GMC, Gerard owns www.gccorp.com.au he provided my Nismo GT LSD. He's quite happy to arrange a group buy if you can get at least 5 ppl (well that's what he said to me when I ordered my drive-train off him last year). Best join up membership to take advantage of better prices!

The stock VZR / Pulsar SR18DE LSD is better than an open diff' but to be honest guys, if you want a good LSD, it is going to cost you.

Get a NISMO LSD...you'll be glad you did!

I agree, I thought the VZR was great with the Viscous diff...the difference to the GTi was alot of fun. But my Silvia has a proper mechanical diff in it and that is fantastic. Makes the VLSD look like a mickey mouse option so god knows what the phantom's are like.

I'll definately be jumping to a mechanical type instead of Viscous.

Having driven a car with a VZR box, under racetrack conditions, I can confirm that whatever diff the VZR box has in it.. Is a WORLD different and better compared to the standard GTi one..
But I very much doubt its a shitty Viscous LSD.. as I drifted my mates S13 with Viscous LSD, and it was purely shocking.. Power sent to inside wheel and all that, felt terrible.. Much like a standard GTi diff with mucho inside wheel spin when cornering..
Joe

Back
Top Bottom