SR20De LSD

Having driven a car with a VZR box, under racetrack conditions, I can confirm that whatever diff the VZR box has in it.. Is a WORLD different and better compared to the standard GTi one..
But I very much doubt its a shitty Viscous LSD.. as I drifted my mates S13 with Viscous LSD, and it was purely shocking.. Power sent to inside wheel and all that, felt terrible.. Much like a standard GTi diff with mucho inside wheel spin when cornering..
Joe

It is a world different, a GTi has an open diff. The VZR is definately a VLSD
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=84415

That compares the VZR VLSD to a mechanical Cusco with clutch type discs.

The VLSD was good when I was driving the Pulsar, but the mechanical in the Silvia is much better other than abit annoying at low turning speeds when the inner wheel skips.

Hmmm I didn't think the VZR box would have a VLSD, but I suppose its different for FWD and RWD.
And Hahaa, I know what you mean.. With a welder in the S13 now its terrible when parking/manouvering.
Joe

yeah VLSD in all the VE manual boxes..

iv been lookinga t LSD's for the past month converting later gearboxes ect.. unless you can get a VZR box then a nismo mechanical is the only thing i would go for..

Contact the member GMC, Gerard owns www.gccorp.com.au he provided my Nismo GT LSD. He's quite happy to arrange a group buy if you can get at least 5 ppl (well that's what he said to me when I ordered my drive-train off him last year). Best join up membership to take advantage of better prices!

well then there is 3 people i want one!

me included in that, i need it for the micra!

lets get a group bu going see what price we can get?

Yes....My mate has done pretty darn well to be honest.He won a road rally September last year in Sweet Lamb.Only thing he's got is a weld in cage.Don't think he's got uprated suspension on it either.

It's nice to have something different and something that revs.I'd just like to get some more power but there's no point getting more power unless I can get it down straight away.An ATB diff doesn't kick in untill one wheel starts spinning where as a plate LSD is constant.

And as for better cars.....Not to sure.Recently had 11th O/a and 1st Novice on a road rally in Newtown in April in the 1400 and with a slipping clutch.

Was lying 20th O/a after one run of Walters on the recent 1000 lanes and that was with stopping because she was overheating and steam everywhere.

SO anychance we could get a group buy going here?

Spoke to my mate with the Almera GTi and he definatly wants one as well.

Any serious interest?

The stock VZR / Pulsar SR18DE LSD is better than an open diff' but to be honest guys, if you want a good LSD, it is going to cost you.

Get a NISMO LSD...you'll be glad you did!

Hmm is the Nismo Lsd really that much better than the one I have Dave?

You can "Feel" the dif in the Autech but it doesn't rip the steering wheel out my hand like the one I had in my old RS turbo.

Got a PM back from Gerard and he says if you can get at least 5 person(s) interested he can negotiate prices direct from Nismo Japan. I don't need one myself as I already have one but would be happy to start a GB thread and handle comms.

Let me know, I highly recommend Gerard; he not only PM'd me about my drivetrain options but took the time to call me up direct from Australia for a chat!

Nice one....What kind of price would we be looking at?

I'll ask my mate if he would like one as well.

What drivetrain options are there?

Nice one....What kind of price would we be looking at?

I'll ask my mate if he would like one as well.

What drivetrain options are there?

I've asked Gerard a few questions, tbh I won't expect a reply til tomorrow as its quite late over in Aus.
I've asked for prices on units based on minimum 5 person(s) and shipping quotes.
Also, if there are any alternatives available for our N16 buddies which may help numbers. He supplies both Nismo GT LSD and Cusco.

Other options on the drivetrain they make specifically for the N14/N15 gearboxes are the uprated clutches, gearsets and flywheels.

Gear Ratios:
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.85
3rd - 1.24
4th - 0.96
5th - std factory item(ratio dependant on vehicle)

checkout: http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/index.php?cPath=24

Also, if there are any alternatives available for our N16 buddies which may help numbers. He supplies both Nismo GT LSD and Cusco.

I'm 80% sure that the LSD in the A33B Maxima and L31/L32 Altima (standard fit on the 6 speeds) will fit my transmission. Can you ask about these please Leigh? :)

Could you ask him what percentage the LSD is please?Basically how aggresive it is and if it pull you to one side even in a straight line.

Some of my mates have some seriosuly strong LSD's in their car....80% + and it's mega hard work

Yes....My mate has done pretty darn well to be honest.He won a road rally September last year in Sweet Lamb.Only thing he's got is a weld in cage.Don't think he's got uprated suspension on it either.

It's nice to have something different and something that revs.I'd just like to get some more power but there's no point getting more power unless I can get it down straight away.An ATB diff doesn't kick in untill one wheel starts spinning where as a plate LSD is constant.

And as for better cars.....Not to sure.Recently had 11th O/a and 1st Novice on a road rally in Newtown in April in the 1400 and with a slipping clutch.

Was lying 20th O/a after one run of Walters on the recent 1000 lanes and that was with stopping because she was overheating and steam everywhere.
Hi we run a gti on road rally events ,Was wondering what diff did you go for ,And you said that a plated diff is more suited than an atb on rallies is that correct as we don’t run any diff at moment

Back
Top Bottom