Sr20ve/ Sr20de- Port matching for Gtir Manifold

Can someone please clear this up.

I have been told i need to port match the gti-r mainfold to fit on my sr20ve when doing the turbo conversion.

However this guy has done a turbo conversion using a gti-r mainfold on his Nissan sunny gti sr20de.

20131010_120726_zpsf5e55513.jpg

Quick Spec:

Stock unmodified EUDM 10:1 Sr20de
Td05h-16g Subaru STI turbo at 0.5bar
Tial EWG on stock adapted gtir manifold
Full 3" SS exhaust including Downpipe
GTIR fuel pump, GTIR ECU, GTIR MAF
440cc Yellow subaru injectors
Apexi SAFC2+Innovate wideband
Japspeed FMIC
Custom Koni CSK´s coilovers+Poly bushes
Custom Subaru 4 pots, 300mm Tarox G88 discs+ 300zx TT MC
GTIR bodywork + Compomotive TH2 in 16
Custom reinforced Kevlar clutch+ clutchmasters PP

It resulted in 303.8BHP and 310nm
smiley2.gif
epic fast i assure you

--------------------------

He told me the gtir manifold is a straight swap... fits with no mods...

Now my engine is an SR20VE. I have been told that the gti-r mainfold will need to be port matched to fit my SR20VE.
But on my SR20VE engine I have an sr20de mainfold that fits straight on.
So if a gtir mainfold fits on your SR20DE and i am using a sr20de mainfold on my sr20ve, then the gti-r mainfold should also fit on my SR20VE.
Confusing, but do you get my point..lol

So just want to find out can i put the gtir mainfold staright onto the sr20ve without port matching?

Thanks

It will fit and it will work, but the ports are a different shape on a VE so if you want the best possible flow etc, then you will want to do it.

-phone-

Last edited:
VE's don't work well with log manifolds when turbo'd.

You need a decent custom made tubular manifold if you want to make good power.

As the sr20ve will be standard without being built for now, i will just run standard boost 0.7 bar to 1 bar at a push, as long as there is no detonation during maping. Hoping for 250-300. So just using this gtir manifold without porting, t28 rebuilt gtir hybrid turbo with 3' elbow and exhaust. Hks f Con ecu.
This should be fine right?

Thanks again guys.

I dont think you understand. The VE flows considerably more air than a DE. The GTiR manifold is very small is terms of internal diameter. IE it will choke up the VE. Just get a tubular one and do it properly from the start.

Also what rev limit are you at and what do you mean hybrid turbo? 2860RS?

I used the sr20de mainfold on the sr20ve, no issues. But I see what you mean, as it's now going to be turbo charged so can't really compare in regards to flow.
As I have all the gtir parts just want to use them. As long as it will work then thats fine for now.

The question was, 'Can I use the gtir mainfold on the sr20ve?, the answer was yes it will go on but maybe slightly restrictive. Thats the answer I was looking for.
I am not going for big boost, just crusining weekend blasts.

Will change manifold and turbo for bigger if i decide to do a full rebuild.
3' elbow on order, just need to source oil/ turbo/ water lines and tee.
Thanks

2012-09-06221400.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

Just making sure I have not missed anything out be fore I start.

Gtir turbo hybrid turbo and actuator
Gtir mainfold
Gtir 3' turbo elbow
gtir 3' down pipe
custom 3' sunny gti full exhaust system from downpipe
bailleys dump valve
gtir turbo outlet and induction pipe
blitz induction kit
hks f con pro ecu with map sensor
barb and drill bits to tap block
walbro fuel pump
gtir water/ oil/ boost gauge
apexi front mount intercooler and pipework

to get

bigger injectors
turbo. oil, wtaer lines and tee

You say 'the question was' but are now going off topic talking randomly about the build??

-phone-

That turbo and intake will be no good. You'll have no more power for the last 1500 of revs, making the VE absolutely pointless. Peak power should be as close to 8000rpm as you can get. With what you have, it'll be around 6000.

Isn't it the fact the stud holes need elongating on the gtir manifold so the ports match up to the ve head?
This is the case on a DE when using a VE manifold.

Isn't it the fact the stud holes need elongating on the gtir manifold so the ports match up to the ve head?
This is the case on a DE when using a VE manifold.
Yeah, a few mm higher so the manifold hangs lower. I had my.cheapo ebay manifold holes welded up and then re-drilled using a VE gasket as a marker. Easy

Back
Top Bottom