srbryan N15 Pulsar VZR DP1

Didn't get alot done today, Got the front coilovers and started repainting the wheels.

First i stripped the front coils down to clean them and give them a once over before fitting, very happy with them i think they where only used for a few thousand kms since new, everything was nice and free and top mounts are like new.
Greased up any moving parts esp. top mount bearings with lithium grease, had great results with this stuff on rose-jointed arms in the past.

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

And tried on one of the wheels and happy with the size and offset, comes right out to the arch.
IMG_1620.JPG

Sanded 2 of the wheels and primed them, one wheel looks a diff colour because thats in high build primer because of pitting i'm trying to get rid of.

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

Not too many pics from today, Got one wheel sprayed before i had to do a few jobs to herselfs wagon.
I Like the colour and think it will go well with the car.
IMG_1623.JPG

Before i went in for the night i said i'd give a look at where the top mount bolts for the rear shocks are!!!!
What a motherfuck, all the dismantling just to remove the plates that cover the bolts.
Anyone know what the plates are actually for? I assume re-inforcement but why? it sits directly under the rear strut barce.

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

It's got nothing to do with if it gets crashed into.....

It's to do with chassis stiffness/handeling -_-

....Phone.....

Very true, shortly after I removed mine in the last Almera my strut top mount split! I am almost certain it was to do with uneven weight distribution due to no rigidity between the shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned 3 N15s. Binned them on all 3 never noticed any difference or had a problem in over 100,000 miles. I always thought it had something to do with rear side impact?

2 thin pieces of pressed mild steel formed into the correct shape can actually add a hell of a lot of strengthening along with being bolted in numerous positions along the length. What are they for if not for strength in some form? They wouldn't be put in purely to piss people off when they need to get to the rear suspension would they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom