Stani's SR20 Micra Build

Hey guys, just thought I'd share with you my next project after the last one finished. Yes it's a micra but I'll still need help and advice since the donor is a GTI. Got basically everything I need to get it started so will update in a few weeks as that's when I plan to make a start

Here are the cars :)

The micra is in stunning condition and that's not just because it's been sprayed, just needs built from scratch as it's a rolling shell.

The almera has been patched at the rear arches in the boot, and has a lot of dings across its bodywork, also the rear wheel bearing has given up and would need a fair bit spent to get it through its mot hence why I have it

And yes I flipped the picture because I'm weird like that LOL

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing how this goes. Seen a couple of micras done well with sr20s, bit labour intensive i believe though? Whats your plans for wiring the thing? Planning to run a standard engine?

Look forward to seeing how this goes. Seen a couple of micras done well with sr20s, bit labour intensive i believe though? Whats your plans for wiring the thing? Planning to run a standard engine?

I've actually already helped my mate do one, which was a learning curve. The worst part we found was getting the engine to sit dead straight and neat with enough clearance all round. I plan to use the full wiring loom from the almera and remove any unwanted wires. I'll be running the standard engine to make sure it all works before boost ;)

Yeah there off super monsters old black gti, which I then bought and sold on to a mate, we then found the dreaded boot rust so scrapped it, he bought the above one a year ago, sold it to my other mate and then the bearing gave up so was perfect timing for me :D

Spook it will be a road going car yes, will start off on drag (cause I'm still a straight line junkie) then move onto knocky.

The aim is to have everything off the almera (that I think I need) by say mid February and get it scrapped, then either:

1. Get on with mounting the engine etc so I can then measure for driveshafts and order them then do step 2
2. Strip everything off suspension wise, prep the underside of the shell, fit all the new parts I've been gathering

Time and money will tell I suppose but I'm in no rush :)

P.s. This is the shell Dave Bull had most recently

You could have that 'mera stripped to bare bones inside a day. ;)
Are you notching the chassis leg for the pulley?

You could have that 'mera stripped to bare bones inside a day. ;)
Are you notching the chassis leg for the pulley?

Haha I will be working mostly on Friday nights after my work for about 5 hours. So a few Fridays removing everything carefully should do it.

And hell no! The sr fits in nicely, the only thing we did was fit countersunk threaded screws to the water pump pulley so they don't stick out so much

Will need to source some solid mounts

That the almera been trailered up to my new garage which im sharing with a mate :D

Will start to strip it next friday possibly earlier

Deffo dont chop any legs or bulk head. I seem to be the only one who has not done this to their k11 with an sr20 if you measure it right there is no need to chop them as in my 1st build on the msc :) good luck. My old setup is now running in another k11 :)

Deffo dont chop any legs or bulk head. I seem to be the only one who has not done this to their k11 with an sr20 if you measure it right there is no need to chop them as in my 1st build on the msc :) good luck. My old setup is now running in another k11 :)

Glens hasnt been chopped either :) that was always the aim when we were fitting his. His also has custom shafts where people tend to chop and weld theirs every couple months. His and your old setup will have been quite similar.

Have you any pictures of your rear mount? We had to widen the centre member by maybe 40mm towards the nearside so the mount didnt sit so close to the edge with the sr being longer

Back
Top Bottom