Starting problem

Hi All,

I own a nissan almera 2002 1.5 hatchback petrol. I have a starting problem. When i try to start I get a click sound and nothing happens. I initially thought it is a battery problem. after checking health of the battery with a local mechanic, I changed the battery to a brand new one (480 A , 62Ah). But the starting problem is still there.

I have tried jump starting three times in past one week, it works perfect. Also, if I try push start, the car start. Tried push start around 6 times. Now, I can start my car only with jump or push start.

I have an appointment with nissan service center after a week. Until then I am trying to understand what could have gone wrong.

As I can do jump start - NO prob with starting motor
Battery is new - No prob with battery
push start works - NO prob with alternator

Here is the image shows the lights ON when the key is turned on.
10d7igp.jpg

10d7igp.jpg

Any help would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Chandru

Attachments

• WP_000400.jpg
    WP_000400.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 25
Moved from cosmetics section.

Welcome to the forums :) Hopefully someone will be along to help out soon.

Is this thread for real? you have problem with starting motor solenoid,or starting motor itself...clicks when you try it,starts and runs fine when you push it or add extra amps-simples...

Thanks for your replies..

How to determine earth problem??

If the prob is with starting motor, how come it starts when i connect battery from my friend's car using jump start ? What is the extra parameter my friend's car provide that is not available with my car ?? I dont understand this.

As I mentioned my battery is brand new..

Just a quick note, push start power is supplied from the battery and not the alternator as it isn't turning when you engage the clutch.

Check the cold crank amps reading

When I started having this staring problem, I suspected the batter and checked the voltage with multimeter.. it was 12.6.. but when the mechanic tried testing the battery with his battery diagnose tool, it suggested to replace the battery.. So, I did.. still i have the same problem.. So, I think it is nothing to do with battery..

can be a bad ground connection.. but i dont know how to check it..
can be starting motor problem.. but jump start works.. :(

Alternator isn't charging it then. Check voltage at idle

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
If alternator is not charging, can the vehicle keep running ?? The vehicle keeps running with AC, radio ON..

I am sorry, i am not very familiar with car mechanics.. As the nissan service center gave appontment 10 days later, I am trying to understand what could have gone wrong.. so, please dont mind if my questions do not make sense :D

Does sound like an earth problem if jumping/push start works.
Try a jump lead from the earth terminal on the battery to an engine/gearbox earthing point, if it's poor wiring or corrosion at the earth this should bypass it.

Hi All,

Today I visited nissan service center. They said the starting motor is broken and they fixed it which costed me 250 euros including labour. Now the car starts fine, But the guy told that your car starts almost all the time but not every time. He said, there is a memory failure and he wanted to read onboard diagnosis whihc did cost 58 euros, As a result he said there is a fault in immobilizer, so you need to replace that to ensure your car starts all the time.

So far, in 5 attempts it starts well.. the sound of new starting motor is pleasant. I am sure the immobilzer problem will show up again, because I had this issue earlier that my dash board show a lock indicator and it does not allow my car to start. I have to properly lock and unlock my car, then it will start.

Its really expensive to replace the immobilizer here. One service center charges 500 euros and the other 350 euros. (the part alone is 250 euros). Have anybody faced such issue.. How can I make sure that immobilizer is the problem ?? Can I buy immobilizer cheaper ?? how about used one ?? Please share your experience

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom