Steering ratio

Hi Guys,

I've had my N16 for a few months now.
and from my experience so far. the N16 does not have a very good Turning angle.
Can lead to difficulties in tight spots.

I asked the previous owner. and he told me that it was that way ever since he first owned it.
Can anyone confirm that the Almera N16 is that way from factory?

And if so. is there anything you can do to increase the turning angle?

It is pretty bad. The P11 is the same. The anti bump steer kit from 2J Racing actually helps this a lot and gives you extra lock. It's a set of custom track rod ends. Got them on mine. Worth a go.

It is pretty bad. The P11 is the same. The anti bump steer kit from 2J Racing actually helps this a lot and gives you extra lock. It's a set of custom track rod ends. Got them on mine. Worth a go.
Sweet! do you have a link for this kit?

Yea, turning radius is pretty bad on N16s. It's normal, nothing is messed up or anything if that was what you thought. Turning radius just sucks on N16s. Same with Primeras. There are very few cars out there with such a large turning radius.

Although it's nothing I would loose sleep over. There was no spot it gave me any difficulties. It's just a bit weird if you're used to other cars with a bit more normal turning radius.

Also, I don't know how putting on skinnier tires and pumping them up right before they burst would help in any considerable or/and noticeable way. I'm sure it wouldn't. At least not to the extent you'd notice it.

I have not long got my n16 and I thought the exact same thing! Might give them custom track rod ends a go!

I've had my dCi 136 for over 7 years now and I still struggle with the steering on it. Not just the turning circle but the steering feels extremely heavy. Not great for a small family hatchback.

I now rent a council garage and I find it awkward getting the car in and out of the garage. Not much space to turn in plus the opening is fairly narrow. The garages were built in the late 1960s/1970 so ideal for a Datsun 1200, less so for it's 21st century descendent.

That's even taking into consideration the front tyres pumped up to the recommended 34 psi! Perhaps I should try 40 psi on the fronts... o_O

Back
Top Bottom