steves 05 2.2 dci sx

Hey all, was previously on here with a 1.5 p2 but traded it in against this
DSC_1128_zps89f2347c.jpg

DSC_1127_zps0eaa6d8c.jpg

63.5k miles and full service history :) been reading abit about these engines and heard the turbos like to give up. Just wondering what hybrid turbos would fit the 2.2 dci?

Thanks Steve

Nice purchase Steve. Yeah the turbos are weak. You can buy a hybrid from Turbo Technics or TDi Turbos. Both are direct bolt on, no modifications required. In both cases, say Ed from the AOC sent you.

Thanks dude loving it already, power and mpg :) which one should I be going for and rough price? It will be remapped shortly after. And I will do thanks :)

Give them both a call and see what price they can each do.

Turbo Technics 01604 769668
TDi Turbos 01202 691220

So after having the car for a week or so iv been achieving 48-52 mpg on my daily journey of 28 miles each way. Until today I wasn't hard on acceleration taking it steady and I couldn't get it higher than 42mpg.

Have noticed the car pulls to the left abit more than usual, checked tyre pressures and they're all good. Could a bad alignment be the source of more fuel consumption?

Thanks Steve

Binding brake caliper? Check your rears, they are most likely to be seized, and if they're not then check fronts.

Hey, well had it on the stands this morning and they moved freely with a bit of effort and slight machining noise as they rotated. Going to a local garage later where I normally get my tyres from and get them to have a check on ramps before I go for alignment

did u reset the mpg reader ? If so it will read high then show a more accurate reading over time which is your average, 45 is around the norm for mine, was showing 60 for a while after a reset. But u do have to many doors so weighs more lol

iv been resetting it each journey and never got Lower unless hitting boost, no boost today on way down to garage and did the same again not getting higher than 41. But it is now confirmed as a sticky front left caliper after being on brake tester. Deciding whether to refurb or source a new unit.

Also on way home I reset it again and was averaging 39 staying at 50mph. Then couple miles down the road it shot straight up to 48 and rose to 50 for rest of journey so caliper must of came free again.

So after solving my brake problem due to having bent fitting plates for the pads I now have a new problem.

On a big drive today and then got stuck in some major traffic so was swapping between first and second alot. Then all of a sudden my clutch pedal wouldn't return back and selecting first and second was near impossible but when I did get it moving 3rd 4th etc was back to normal. Went looking around the engine bay for the slave cylinder and saw a very wee bit leaking from the rubber joint.

Been searching for a part and saw some for £150! Then found this and wondered would it fit even though it states tino?http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/trw/2207555
Sorry for long post
Steve

There's nothing to say what engine/box that's for though. But it does look the same. Here's mine I bought new from Nissan.

edit - ah in suitable vehicles it does say Almera DCi. Should be fine. Can't say as the quality of it though. Probably the same, not exactly a complex part.

IMG_0565.JPG

Hey edk and thanks :) How much was it from nissan may I ask? It's in the garage tomorrow to confirm if it is the slave at fault then ring warranty company to see if it's covered.

Just want to check prices on replacing it myself incase it's not covered.

Steve

Was expecting 3 figures there edk after seeing Google shopping prices. Thanks dude, these problems is rightly emptying the hybrid tubby fund :/

Steve

Mine failed and went to a local motor factors and it was a Nissan one that had been refurbed as they had ground the nissan symbol off from the other side of cylinder as shown in Ed's image. Mine has been spot on since fitting.

Sent from my  iPad[emoji768] using Tapatalk

Been toying around with basic phone app photoshop and decided on these, what yous all think?

Attachments

• PicsArt_1409762677214.jpg
    PicsArt_1409762677214.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 37
I tried rotas, tsw, team dynamics l, kei etc and then out of curiosity tried bbs and WA LA! just need to sell a arm to buy them, or have patience and persuade the wife for Christmas :)

Back
Top Bottom