Strange Sound

ok guys, got a problem
when i got my PS2 fitted, i bought the Pioneer CDRB10 which makes my sound come out through my speakers (AUX)
now the problem was that when i reved my engine (in AUX mode) i could hear a strange high pitched noise, and the noise went up in pitch depending on how high the revs were
but now, it does this even when i'm playing a CD
any clues?

Dodgy earth - almost certain of it

Are you using an inverter to power the PS2 ? If that's placed too close to the headunit or any of the signal wires are passing close to it you'll get interference but rev related feedback is just a poor earth connection

If you the whip the glovebox out and look up towards the centre console there are a number of 10mm nuts on the bare metal bracing behind the dash - spin a couple of these loose, wrap the earth wires round them and re-tighten

moer than likely it will be the earth as TIIEWL said, not so much as a dodgy earth though, the prob with our wiring we dont have an earth as standard, headunit uses the arial, which isnt the best of earth's as you can imagine
so in your box when the headunit came in there will be a screw like plug, that screws into the back of your headunit and you earth that(saves rewiring the ISO connecter those clever bastards!)
if this doesnt sort it then you may need a ground loop isolator

If none of the following said work the only other options are to turn down the settings on the amplifier and/or/also making sure the power cable for the amp(s) is not running down the same side of the car as the rca leads that channel the sound to the amplifier (provided you have an amplifier in the boot).

Back
Top Bottom