Styling q's

S

stevo

Hey people, i have been of the scene for approx a year now and am just getting back into the modding lark after a little break.... just wondered a few things..... firstly, where can i get a new front grill from? a good looking preferebly in blue, has anyone got a price etc?

I could also do with a front bumper in blue if anyone has got one...... me and cyclists don't get on.....

Other than that i wanna get my engine nice and shiny, so how much for the rocker cover etc if anyone knows....

Cheers peeps, hopefully i'll be wiser by the end of the day

Matt

if u mean a standard grill try your local scrappy failing that the yellow pages has loads of mail order scrappies, if u mean something a little smarter, overrevs do one and u can find there number on this forum somewhere.

Cant really help u with the rocker cover but im sure there are companies out there that will chrome it for u if the price is right.

u can buy an MS designs grille for £109ish delivered from overrevs on 07799601240. Or you can modify your own, a little messy or ofcourse any bodyshop would happily do it for ya

New bumpers are rare as rocking horse shite if your talking GTi stylee but stick an ad in the wants section and scour breakers and one day you may get lucky lol

As for engine shiny bits, u can firstly buff yours up aswell as a DIY can with emery cloth and the likes or get a polisher to professionally polish it for you tho the results wont last forever as it'll oxidise in our weather conditions and turn whitish. The third alternative is to have it plated, u can choose Nickel, Chrome or Gold plating finishes all at different prices with different characters (gold is about £150+) though you will have to get the platers to polish the rocker first which will cost a little more.

check our Kent Metal finishers who undertook my engine when it was very bland and turned it into a showpiece. Alternatively call Ian @ KMF on 01634 377592 and discuss your requirements with him, dont forget to mention me and he'll sort you out ;)

ta!

nice one mate, i'll consider having it done in Gold, that will look great..... what else hav u done to urs other than all the pipes etc??? were they from a standard kit and easy to do???

not sure why i put front bumper? i must have been reading sommat else at the same time, as it was a BONNET that i need..... in blue.... bit easier to find i guess...... i will visit my local scrap yard first.......

as for the grill i was meaning a better looking modded one..... i'll see what pics i can find on over-revs etc...... will it need spraying etc?

The grill comes in matt black which is ready for spraying. Have a look at my car in the Your rides section as I've got an MS designs one fitted.

stevo said:
nice one mate, i'll consider having it done in Gold, that will look great..... what else hav u done to urs other than all the pipes etc??? were they from a standard kit and easy to do??

Well gold i think is the best look (tho i am biased) but its coating isnt as hard wearing as nickel or chrome since gold is a softer metal it scratches even with say a normal cloth if rubbed too hard- hence why i'm not keen on people touching it (unless its hot then feel free to burn ya fingers lol)

how do you mean standard kit? are u talking about my engine bits?, Samco hoses are readily available from most motor outlest. You can get an intake pipe from Smithy 07624490098, stainless fuse box covers from Stainless Steve 07789816837, GTiR dizzy cover and coolant bottle from Gary GTiR 07711834978 and everything else is custom chromed by KMF 01634 377592. Mention me and they'll sort you out

Back
Top Bottom