Sweet N16: QG18DE --> SR20DET --> SR20VET

It should fit but it's possible that minor modificiations are requiered. For sure it fits Primera P11 and Maxima A32

Some minor things still in progress ;)

Bucket seat installed

RCK and bumpsteer eliminator also applied :)

I was at Poznań Circuit in the middle of April. It was first time after all mods in this car. Learning start from beginning. Everything works very good and I'm happy with that - no issues or failures. I could fully concentrate on driving and taking good line of circuit. Anyway my driving was far from ideal - could be faster and braking points could be a lot later. I just on first, left some margin of safety ;)

Times:
- 2:12 (first session - 5 laps) - dry, new tires
- 2:04 (second session - 5 laps) - dry, a little more agressive
- 2:04 (third session - 4 laps) - wet, raining

Results:
4th in class, 13th in general on 80 cars

That's how it goes on the track - third session:

Thanks a lot :) but copule things is to improve.

I generally consider of selling my almera :( 2 week offer - if someone is realy interested please PM me.

Where are those seats from and how difficult they were to install? o_O they fit in there like they'd always been there.

Edit : Not the Sparco one, the ones in the very first photos of thread.

Last edited:
They are from 350Z, installing them need some custom work - they are not plug&play.

They look quite perfect inside an N16, too bad there ain't any 350Zs going cheap here, even the wrecks disappear quite quick.. you had to make a new railing? that's quite an interesting mod.

Yes, they fit now like a glove. I used some parts of rails from 350z and N16 - need some machinig and welding.

Yes, they fit now like a glove. I used some parts of rails from 350z and N16 - need some machinig and welding.

That's what i expected, though pretty much all seats would require somewhat similar work to get them inside a N16, though the problem of the 350Z's seats is that they're "just" sport seats, not racing, though they look good, which i guess is the reason why you changed the driver's seat to an Sparco one.

That's right, with one minor exception - 350z seats are very comfortable and keep body better than normal seats and for sure better than they look. I can compare them to some Recaro's with more agressive look.
To any other bucket seat there is nothing to compare. Buckets are better for racing (with propper seat belts), but for daily 350z seats are best buy for a buck.

That's right, with one minor exception - 350z seats are very comfortable and keep body better than normal seats and for sure better than they look. I can compare them to some Recaro's with more agressive look.
To any other bucket seat there is nothing to compare. Buckets are better for racing (with propper seat belts), but for daily 350z seats are best buy for a buck.

I've been thinking of getting racing seats, Sparcos, Takatas or Recaros, those 350Zs ones would probably be better choice (price-wise) if there was more people wrecking their 350Zs or selling the parts, too bad it doesn't happen so can't get cheap ones here, tough luck i guess, have to seek for ones if possible, i bet ebay could get me a pair quite fast but the problem would then be the rear seats which wouldn't match the front ones.. saw a S40 with great looking leather interior, too bad it wouldn't probably fit at all, and for leather interior it's possible just to do like that one Malaysian guy which had his N16's whole interior coated with leather, door trims, rear seats and front seats, it looked quite good to be honest, though here that'd be around 600€ or ~£380, leather is only a luxury tho.

As far as i've seen about the baltian market, the 350Z and 370Z are quite cheap cars there while here those cost more than a Merc..

Back
Top Bottom