Technically a newbie to the car...

Well today I picked up a V reg P2 GTi, in silver. It's in decent body condition and very good under body condition.

Driving the four hours back home was like a dream compared to the N16. I am not turning my back on the N16 or nay saying it at all, but the GTi is very under-rated car which It's taken me nearly three years to find out.

Thanks to those who pushed me for making me skint.

I'll get pics up tomorrow when I'll hopefully get the N16 and GTi together before the N16 goes away to a new life next weekend.

Congrats mate I bet you're one happy chap :D

What specifically in those 4 hours makes you say that about the gti compared to the n16? quick answer, not after a debate just interested :lol:

Tango - yes it is the silver one that was on pistonheads.

ross - The blue one is still for sale I believe. Had a couple of issues which meant I saw the silver one first.

edk - the key I would probably say is refinement. Perhaps the P2 N16 is better in this respect than the P1 I have but everything just seems so much smoother. Ride, handling and power are just in a different league to how my car was which yes will have something to do with the GTi being the top of the range N15 and my N16 being bottom of the range but meh.

Really good fun too. :D My mate in a twin tubby 300zx was surprised at how well it pulled on the way back.

It's lowered 30 already, pipercross foam induction kit and has an exhaust. I'm not overly keen on it though as it's a square peg in a round hole sort of thing so new backbox is likely.

Got some clear side repeaters (tho i think black will be better) and wind deflectors ready to go on. Good chance I'll paint the standard wheels anthracite I think but won't be for a while.

There's a few scratches, a dent on the door and a bit of rust on one of the arches that will be getting my attention first before I look at anything else.

I'm going to enjoy the relative comfort and pretty competant ability of the standard shocks and lowering springs for a bit. No doubt It'll get coilied in future, but not quite yet :)

Back
Top Bottom