The End of an Era... and start of a new one?

Corbalicious

Staff member
Well much as I hate to say it the time has come for me to part with my SRi 'Nymo'. She's been in my family since she was built and I've owned her for over 2 years. Now on 138,000 miles, the list of broken or breaking things has just become too long for me to consider economically viable so she is going to be broken up :(
The main problems were -
- A mystery handling problem likely caused by a worn suspension component that made the car wildly erratic over 50mph
-Gearbox synchro has gone making it crunch all the time
-RUST! One sill has nigh on collapsed despite great welding work done to it last year, the roof is badly infected especially around the sunroof and windows, the arch rust is back this year on the fronts too
-The car is in a high tax bracket and uses a bit too much fuel for a runabout (Although it is great fun to drive)
-Other things for example driveshafts/CV joints, leaking exhaust systems, erratic idle problems.....list goes on...
How I got her in 2005:
smallba5.jpg

smallba4.jpg

And how she looked in her prime (2007)
smallba6.jpg

smallba7.jpg

So it is time to move on to a cheaper runabout whilst I build my lower mileage GTi with far less rust for (Hopefully) next summer. All my 'special' stuff, lights, grille, bootlid will be swapped onto this car.

Picking this up for £300 in the next few weeks (not to everyones taste but I love it!):
micra.jpg

1990 K10 Micra 1.2
MoT till september and engines recently been rebuilt. I'm a big fan of the kit thats on it too.
Will try and resist the temtation to mod this one further but weber carbs and 4 branch manifolds call out to me.....

So it's Rest in Pieces NYMO, thanks for the good times!

Amen.

As I said on the MSC, welcome back ;)

I love kitted white K10s! Especially that foah kit! :drool:

I take it you are putting everything across onto the GTi that you can dude!

That a nice K10 by the way, if it came up approx 2 months time when my other micra was done i would have bought this. for my other little project. Looks a really nice motor!

:) but i love my k10's lol

Ahh....the memories come flooding back of broken manifold studs and rusty cat bolts!.....sad to see her go mate. The K10 looks `cute`. ;)

quality them k10's lol I love em.. If you deceide to get rid very quickly, give me a shout that one looks nice, once u get it put a bit more about it up!! Id do something with that mate instead of having 100 almera's lol.. flipping them onto the drive with a bloody spatula haha

essNchill said:
Where you getting that K10 from fella?.. It looks familiar.
From a lad off the micra sports club in cardiff mate.

quickdraw said:
I take it you are putting everything across onto the GTi that you can dude!
Yup, want to spray the headlights to look like GTi ones too, and put my front seats from the SRi into the micra.
Didnt you do a GA16 conversion at some point wayne? :)

rowdy-GTi said:
Ahh....the memories come flooding back of broken manifold studs and rusty cat bolts!.....sad to see her go mate. The K10 looks `cute`. ;)
AArgh 2 days under that car! And the V8 sound! I'll be really sad to see her go too!

yeah i put the ga16 into the micra, but then had the option to go sr20 for cheaper. lol.

so decided after about 4 days contemplation. sod it, ultimate power.

To be honest my next project will outpower the DE+T micra any ways!
again in a k10. ;)

Bet that Micra ends up in "storage" to avoid putting miles on it as well, you literally never see any in condition as good as that these days. ;)

TropGreenGTi said:
Bet that Micra ends up in "storage" to avoid putting miles on it as well, you literally never see any in condition as good as that these days. ;)

ive had a cpl in great condition including one that only had 26k on the clock.

they can be really reliable cars. and drive like go-karts if you set them up right!

ENJOY boy!

i would love to stick an sr20 in one of them. the look on people faces as you go flying past in an old micra :lol:

micra looks mint, ive got a set of gti seats if you want them for the mcra

Thats a nice looking K10 micra Corbs, hope it serves you well.
Sorry to hear about 'Nymo' though.

TropGreenGTi said:
It's on 73k at the moment which is good for the year! I'll do my best to avoid storing it ;)

StuN16Sport said:
When i first saw that i thought it was a k10 turbo.........

you could always make it one :)
Aaargh no you should know I give in to peer pressure all too easily!

Garnz said:
Looks mint! good lad i met 'Nymo' once its a shame.

Cheers mate, yeah it is a big shame, she was definately my favourite car!

Re: Scott B... thanks but for nostalgia's sake I'll probs put nymo's seats in :)

Back
Top Bottom