Tinting Windows

Hi All.

I want to tint the rear windows of my Almera.

Is it worth DIY Tinting your windows, or pay someone to do it professionally?

I am on a budget though!

Appreciate your thoughts.

pay someone, you'll spend more trying to get it right and it will look DIY when you've finished.

I DIYed mine but I'll get them done professionally as soon as I have a spare £100 odd.

It's a pain in the arse to DIY and no matter how hard you try it's not going to look professional (unless I'm just cack-handed). The rear window is too curved to get an easy fit without lots of strips and some overlap and the other window surrounds are very recessed which makes things harder.

Very much a case of getting what you pay for.

N15 might be a bit easier to DIY as the windows look simpler, though.

Definately pay someone, i had a go on my last almera and it was a right pain in the arse!!
Best to get someone to do it that does it day in day out. The quotes I got for mine were:

£95 - back 3 windows

£130 - back 3 & 2 fronts

Get it done properly as 9/10 DIY jobs look wank as they don't have the right tools for heating and rolling properly etc.

Rear 3 will be £100-£130.

were abouts in teesside are you fella!

for everyone that comments for someone else to do it.

you cant just say this!

even the professionals started somewere!

the answer to your question lies on you!
whats your patiance like?
how are you for general DIY - household stuff. plastering etc?
some people just cant do any thing for shit, purely because they dont have the patiance!

give me a pm were abouts you are etc fella and we can talk!

im only in stockton

That's good point Quickdraw but I figure it would take me four or five attempts to do a pro quality job, that would cost almost as much in materials as getting it done professionally :)

On the other hand I'm tempted to have another go now I know what to expect but that rear window is a bastard. May do the rest myself and get a pro to do that one.

Back
Top Bottom