Tints

P

Paul F

Any recommendations? Either in the North of Scotland.. Or the south of England (depending on when i gather the funds to get it).. Where did u get yours done?

Im planning on getting tints pretty soon, the car needs it BADLY.....

I got mine done at West Lothian Auto Tint. You probably don't want to come down as far as that though.

Was an excellant job done, was well impressed. They come with a Lifetime warranty as well.

Paid £200 for a 35% tint all round. They had the car for about 3hrs.

If i have to go that far down, i will for the quality...... Ill have a look out for them...

aren't Overrevs supposed to be real good with this...and can come to your place to do em...

lol, imagine me phoning Ben, and asking him to come the 9hr drive North to do my tints.. The petrol wud cost mroe than the tinting itself....

Paul F said:
lol, imagine me phoning Ben, and asking him to come the 9hr drive North to do my tints.. The petrol wud cost mroe than the tinting itself....

Yeah but if you're going to be back down south soon mightn't you wait 'til then?

I did it here, but it's 2 far 4 u. 35% tinting is150e and 3 hours. :) For some reasons is better to be in Serbia than in UK.

Yeah but if you're going to be back down south soon mightn't you wait 'til then?

Yeh, i guess.... Was after something a bit closer than Norwich though.... Ill speak to him at a later date about doing it at 'your home' though... Gotta be some sort of clause....

Pentagon Auto Tint are very good, they are in stirling. They quoted me 250 i think it was.

When you get the tints, ask them to fit security film aswell
they now do them both together as one film
i'm not sure how much extra it is tho
but it stops the window from shattering. Well it still shatters, but they wont be able to get in, if you know what i mean :confused:

If someone stole my car.. Theyd get caught easily enough.. Its just not fast enoguh to use as a get away vehicle.. lol

You have to be a dab hand to ensure you don't waste loads of film and/or get a crappy result. I've tried - using good film helps but I'd rather leave it to a pro.

Must admit, ive tried in the past b4, its turned out ok ,apart fm the back window

Yeah, they're the worst, especially if they are double curvature. My first rear window tint had the film cut along the heater element and overlapped - as it was dark film it didn't show. My current car had the film heated to shrink/curve it to fit the window and then went on in one. Damn impressive.

Thats what my plan was, to maybe try once, by cutting the film in two (at the heater line so it doesnt show)... But im thinking about just getting it done pro and save the hassle

Since getting fined for having my tints in the front side windows i've been reading up a lot about this and i'll just let you no now that no tints are allowed at all on the front passenger and driver windows. The law changed in January 2004. There has to be at least 70% light coming through the windows on the fronts and the lightest smoke you can get only allows 50%. Most cars are factory tinted to 80% so your very unlikely to even find a 10% tint to bring this down to 70%. You will more than likely get a fine but from the guidelines set by the govenment if you have less than 50% coming through the fronts it's up to the copper what action they take. Mine had 22% coming through with the medium tint on. But below 50% there is a chance you could get prosecuted for having them. This is just a warning to people but at the end of the day it's up to you. I was lucky to just get away with the fine. I still have my limo black on the rear windows but I ripped the fronts out that night because its just not worth the hassle. Also of note, if you do get all round tints, unless you know someone who can do you an MOT on the sly, usually a dealer will fail your car on the fact that you have tints in the fronts. It is also now an offense for a tint dealer to purposely fit any sort of tint to the front windows. They will also risk getting prosecuted for doing so.

Yeh, i was aware of that Si, it sucks that u got fined, ure the first i know that has been for the offense...... I was thinknig the light tints for the front, but i spose it depends where u live, and what the police are like

That's not strictly true, Si. The lightest smoke tints I have found are 30%, and they are okay if your glass is not factory tinted - look for the AS1 mark on the windscreen (allows through 75% of available light.) and AS2 mark on side glass (allows through 70% of available light). If your glass has these marks then the glass is already tinted pretty much up to the maximum legal limit and so whacking any film on is liable to give you loads of trouble.

I haven't yet heard of anyone getting stuffed on these new laws, it been mostly producers, but I guess there has to be a first.

See the bottom of this page for clarification:

http://www.essex.police.uk/pages/about/a_road07.htm

Back
Top Bottom