top speed

ive heard some where before that the top speed that the stock box will do with stock rev limit is 148mph, is this right fellas?

yeh but he has VZR box dude, VZR box has shorter ratios than DE as the VE revs higher. 125mph i think i read on his thread

:lol: and be having a brew in the pits

it only does 125 because it only revs to 6950 but has a close ratio box on it

he has upped rev limit, and he wont have topped out 5th with the standard gti box ;)

Right, it`s theorectical 159mph on a standard GTi box with standard tyres/wheels.

Mine used to be able to do 138mph on the N1 box, it`s 146mph with a higher redline now.

These figures are calculated using the wheel sizes and gear ratios, not the guesswork speedo.

You can use this calculator:

http://www.catherineandken.co.uk/sti/tyres.html

I`ll find the GTi ratios out soon.

sweet, all it is, last night when we went out on the bikes, the clocks went right round to the pin that resets the mileage :eek: about 160, and then seconds after it hit the limiter in 5th :lol:

sweet, all it is, last night when we went out on the bikes to a friends barn and i used his private long road. the clocks went right round to the pin that resets the mileage :eek: (about 160 ish) and then seconds after it hit the limiter in 5th :lol:

sweet, all it is, last night when we went out on the bikes to a friends barn and i used his private long road. the clocks went right round to the pin that resets the mileage :eek: (about 160 ish) and then seconds after it hit the limiter in 5th :lol:

Aye, it's a great rush to really go for it :D I've had 175 mph on an R1 in Germany & 160'ish mph with a ZX6R on a private runway. It was indicating 180 mph, but we all know they tell porkies by as much as 10% :lol:

You know you wanna Joe ! :D I must admit it did take a lot of concentration to do that on the autobahn - it emptied the tank in just over 70 miles :eek: Coming back down to the lower speed limits honestly felt like I could get off and run alongside the bike, lol.

Fuck that.
I near enough disabled myself on a BMX through my teen years, even stopped riding for two years cos of a long term wrist injury.
Got a pit bike a few months ago and I'm dangerous on that little thing so I've got a feeling...
Me + stupidly fast superbike = serious injury
Lol
Joe

Back
Top Bottom