turbo almera transmission question

What's the best clutch to going for for a decent price?
Stage 2 xtd or are there still bogey ones of them still in circulation?

And would it be worth with a lightened flywheel with the turbo conversion?or does the more responsive revs cause too much hassle in terms of getting grip?

And finally is the std gti box best?I know the ratios are better in comparison to the vzr box plus the vzr has an LSD but don't really fancy opening up the gti box to fit an LSD.

Imo I got a stage 2 clutch from Gspec that Is brilliant and is rated to use for turbo's too obviously it won't be as good as clutches specifically designed for high power/torque engines but I feel safe using it for when I boost mine, I'm looking to go for around 230-260bhp as any more than that and I think it will be a pig to enjoy driving fast,

I would say that the VZR box would be great for my build as I'm not going to look for top end speed, just to surprises most big headed impreza and Honduh drivers (although it already has N/A) I love the low ratio's of the box and the diff is amazing it's made my car unbelievably quick compared to the old GTI box but if there is a longer final drive then I would go for that too as the car does reach the end of the box quickly.

does anyone know what the Autech box is like compared to the VZR I'm guessing it's very similar but is the final drive longer??

as for a lightened Flywheel, I'd say it all depends on the power that your going for and the amount you'll use the car. Maybe go for a VE flywheel, it's a bit lighter than DE and you wont comprise too much.

....phone....

Cheers man. Yeah im only lookin for good power 1st 2nd and 3rd ideally so the vzr box just may be my best bet..just wanted to see a second opinion

Im in the same boat aswel power wise. Only lookin for a safe 240ish.Wouldn't be bothered pushing it to its limits for now unless I went all out and re built it.

As for the flywheel I just may use a ve or else get my gti one lightened. Don't want too much overkill .

well I've got an XTD one on mine and I won't be changing it so I guess we shall Dee how it goes with that on? Stufa had the standard GTI box on his car towards its end and it just ripped to shreads whichever wheel slipped the most with the open diff in it,

....phone....

The rs5f32 a or v (n15 gearbox) is a rubbish design that can't handle any sort of real power.

The gearbox casing allows flexing between the gear stacks, which 9/10 times results in chewing the teeth off 3rd gear.

If you want a well designed box that'll handle power go with a p11 gearbox. They aren't quite a straight fit, but the minor modifications needed to fit them, is worth it in the long run.

The other option is a PAR gear set in your 32 series gearbox, but be expected to reach deep into your wallet.

If you want a well designed box that'll handle power go with a p11 gearbox. They aren't quite a straight fit, but the minor modifications needed to fit them, is worth it in the long run.

The p11 uses the same gearbox. You mean the p11 144?

Welding the casing in certain points can help a great deal.
Anyone ever do this before?any ideas on what points to weld?

I reckon I'd be fine with a vzr box cos im not after head line power figures or won't be dogging it on a drag strip all the time but any way of extendin its life period would be a plus.

Picture222651.jpg

It was a n1 box dave bull had made for his old n/a motor.
Poly engine mounts also stop everything flexing and breaking.

Back
Top Bottom