Turbo or SR20VE

Hey!!

As you all nknow i drive a 1999 Almera GTI sr20de WITH 113K MILES.. :D:D

I'M looking to either turbo it on low boost.. or do an 2R20VE conversion

Can anyone tell me what would need to be done to my standard SR20DE to turbo it? and what price would i be talking to get this done, i only want about 200bhp and i'm happy!

Is almera gti SR20DE a low or high compression engine?

If i got a complete head off an SR16VE, how much work would be involved in making an sr20ve

Cheers!!

Thanks in advance! :D:D:D:D

Hello! I think DMsteve has done the SR16andabitDE conversion, think he used a Greddy MSS to activate the solenoids.
StufaGTi, simcard and Kristian have all done SR20DE+T engine builds, check their research threads and project diaries.

Go to member's rides and search for threads started by those members.

I have a VZR for breaking, so would have head complete inc intake mani and ex mani. Can be seen running for another few days!

Could supply ecu and loom too. or as said you'd need a Greddy mss controller to activate vvl.

Either way you will need something to map it, some kind of air/fuel controller.

Cost, you'd be looking at max €1.5k all in fitted and mapped. Rough idea on price, would be less if you do labour yourself

i have an SR20VE and...

vtec.jpg

I have a VZR for breaking, so would have head complete inc intake mani and ex mani. Can be seen running for another few days!

Could supply ecu and loom too. or as said you'd need a Greddy mss controller to activate vvl.

Either way you will need something to map it, some kind of air/fuel controller.

Cost, you'd be looking at max €1.5k all in fitted and mapped. Rough idea on price, would be less if you do labour yourself

do you know anyone who'd be able to carry out the work.. i wouldn't be able to do any labour myself, i haven't any experience in the mechanical side..

i have an SR20VE and...

vtec.jpg

Wezz

I've seen video's of your GTI on youtube and it's class, thats what's inspired me.. :D:D

By converting to SR20VE did that effect your reliability? would the car be fit for everyday use. i kind of do highish miles! :mad: What's fuel consumption like......?

do you know anyone who'd be able to carry out the work.. i wouldn't be able to do any labour myself, i haven't any experience in the mechanical side..

I'd have someone to do it but there down in Mayo!!

Any mechanic could swap head for ya and then get westward to tune it for ya

glad my car is an inspiration to you dude :) its not as hard as you think man, it will just cost more as i did everything myself apart from map it

the VE is more reliable than the DE, fuel consumption is good...if you keep it on the baby lobes...which is hard to do :lol: economy depends on how its mapped also boss

glad my car is an inspiration to you dude :) its not as hard as you think man, it will just cost more as i did everything myself apart from map it

the VE is more reliable than the DE, fuel consumption is good...if you keep it on the baby lobes...which is hard to do :lol: economy depends on how its mapped also boss

What bhp you putting out? :D i have a baby on the way! so there will be no noisy exhausts for me... :mad:

see heres the thing...

buy a head and do head swap but once you have VVL, you will want more VVL and because you have flat top DE pistons you are limited, so you then have to buy pistons for future upgrades and because the engine is all stripped you might as well refresh it with new bearings etc, then theres the whole external oil feed piss on and as ive already said, the VE block is better than the DE block...

what would you want from the engine dude? the way i look at it is...do it right and you only need to do it once

Back
Top Bottom