Tyre valve caps

• Thread starter Thread starter mikesndbs
  • Start date Start date
M

mikesndbs

Hi

Was out and about today and came upon a shop called Mr Cheap!
Yeah I know, but the wife wanted to go in so I followed :roll:

Anyway came upon a pack of five valve covers made from aluminium for just £1.....
Loads of colours so I got a set.

What do you think, too much?

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

Cleaning products and polishes discussed here!

http://www.detailing.org.uk

Mike

West Sussex

If you like them then it's not too much :)

Likely to get nicked pretty quickly, though, I had smaller, plain-aluminium ones and they walked within two days.

wraith0x29a said:
If you like them then it's not too much :)

Likely to get nicked pretty quickly, though, I had smaller, plain-aluminium ones and they walked within two days.

:knock: I know what if I glue them on?

I ut some of those CHEAP caps on my old alloys and they corroded to the value and i ended up having to get new valves fitted ;-(

Maybe put copper grease on the threads first.

cjhawker said:
I ut some of those CHEAP caps on my old alloys and they corroded to the value and i ended up having to get new valves fitted ;-(

Maybe put copper grease on the threads first.
Woo it wasn't just me that had that problem! The tyre changing place weren't best pleased with me!

It happened to me with Nissan ones

put some chrome ones on the p10 about 2 years ago on a camp site, not many people around and im not lying when i say within 2 HOURS 2 were gone, didnt particularly like them anyway so i wasnt that bothered but just shows what this country can be like, free with a magazine i think so no big loss.

problem i see with them is chavs are attracted to the car to steal them, then once there by the car who knows what else they will do? there not my taste but at least they match the colour of the car well

carry a tiny spanner in your car... and tighten them on more than finger tight!!

and i hate to be a wanker... but i do like my valve caps...

IMG_3077Small.jpg

Bargain at a £1. Looks a good colour match.

I like mine, not been thieved yet but I dont use the car much.

My poor almera had to borrow valve caps from my push bike as a couple were missing. :P

46656156_o.jpg

46656299_o.jpg

46656358_o.jpg

46656471_o.jpg

Excuse the dirtyness. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom