Tyre Well Sub Box

H

hellra1ser2k

just wondering if anyone knows or has/attempted to make a sub box out of their spare tyre well as i was thinking of making one.

I found a guide on the internet but it would help if anyone knew how many litres the well holds or the volume in ft3 (roughly :D ) on the almera and how deep it is (pain in the arse to find out in mine cos of all the crap in there).

cheers

dan

Bud

once you find out and make one i'll pay you to make me one! LOL

STOO

as you know i got this done last year, its not as easy as people think so i had the help of my mate who does installs for a living, i cant remember any of the measurements for ya but your welcome to take a look at mine at MSC and from monday on my sub will be out for a while so you're more than welcome to take notes.

Warn ya tho it takes alot of sealing up to make air tight and the sound quality will suffer a bit after all most of the boxes are designed for the subs, your better off buying a sub to match the cubic capacity of the well not the other way round

For more info give us a call mate or ring Liquid Ice on 01634 578513 and ask for Phil who's done more electrical work on my car than possibly any other lol

think this is gonna take a lot of thinking and time ( :eek: bugger)

cheers for info!

dan

I use my spare wheel too, and a bit extra since its raised up, so I cant tell ya how big it is without the raise in it, but, if you make a false floor(normal style with a flat peice of mdf), cut out the hole for the sub(you'll also need to cut out the braket that holds in the spare wheel) then you can fibreglass the bottom up to the sides by sticking ya hand in and getting a bit messy, then, you can fool your sub into thinking its in a bigger space by using wadding inside the box, like the stuff thats inside of teddies, you cant buy it from dress making shops(so im told :eek: )

NaylorGTI said:
you can fool your sub into thinking its in a bigger space by using wadding inside the box, like the stuff thats inside of teddies, you cant buy it from dress making shops(so im told :eek: )

ive always used fibreglass insulation - seems to do the trick fine :)

dan

Ive seen this done loads of times, and can look shit hot if done right, the sounds not normallys too bad either? U managed to do it yet mate?

Back
Top Bottom