Upgraded Dampers for N15

Hey guys, I'm currently on 40mm lowering springs (rear sits higher than the front) at the moment but I will need to replace the rear shocks at some point. I was wondering if there were any upgraded/adjustable dampers available for Almera N15s. I've searched this forum and the internet but can't seem to find anything except OE replacements. Could anyone point me in the right direction? If there isn't anything available then I may just go for OE replacements and consider saving for some 2nd hand coilovers, though I'm worried the car might ride like a bag of spanners.

Cheers

Hey guys, I'm currently on 40mm lowering springs (rear sits higher than the front) at the moment but I will need to replace the rear shocks at some point. I was wondering if there were any upgraded/adjustable dampers available for Almera N15s. I've searched this forum and the internet but can't seem to find anything except OE replacements. Could anyone point me in the right direction? If there isn't anything available then I may just go for OE replacements and consider saving for some 2nd hand coilovers, though I'm worried the car might ride like a bag of spanners.

Cheers
KYB AGX for sentra B14. Either use sentra B14, or P1 GTi springs.

There's a set of Nismo shocks and springs on the Jap auctions atm for around 50 quid.....postage would be high though, i'd recommend shipping.

P11 rear blistein dampers fit the N15 with a little work.

What kind of work would be needed mate? It's an interesting option. Also is there a chance I'm on mismatched dampers and springs with the back end sitting higher than the front?

KYB AGX for sentra B14. Either use sentra B14, or P1 GTi springs.

I've actually got a set of purple lowering springs sitting in the house designed for Ph1 model Almera 1.4/1.6. That's in addition to what's fitted on my car. Would those work with the dampers you mentioned?

What kind of work would be needed mate? It's an interesting option. Also is there a chance I'm on mismatched dampers and springs with the back end sitting higher than the front?

Firstly, they're not a cheap option, i understand that, and yeh, you could get 'better for less', but i've been happy with them.

They 'basically' bolt in, bilstein p/n 24-023443. I added a washer to the outer side of the crush tube to increase the clearance of the shock body to the beam bracket because it was very close and would rub occasionally (as has happened in some aftermarket coilovers too). No problems since then.

The only 'issue' is the spring seat that is provided in the package is for a larger diameter lower coil. Now here's the confusion. I have a set of Nismo lowering springs from an Autech HN15 which is a phase 1, and they have the right diameter... However, the AUDM N15 SSS factory spring size is a smaller diameter at the bottom (for our series 2 / phase 2). I haven't messed around with any phase 1 factory suspensions locally, other than the different spring length which i know about, i don't know if the lower seat spring diameter is larger on the P1 always or if was just an Autech thing that i happened to come across.

Either way i had to get another Bilstein lower spring seat (the one i got was from a toyota supra front shock) and it was the right diameter for the spring to seat (using factory N15 SSS series 2 springs) but the circlip step was lower so it effectively lowered the rear of the car.

I can provide some pictures if you need.

Back
Top Bottom