What do I need for a service?

I'm planning on changing the oil and filter after payday but I thought fuck it might as well do as much as possible.

Is it worth just getting the parts listed on the ECP site or is there better out there?

Having a scout they do Bosch oil filter,fuel filter and spark plugs. Not sure if NGK are better than bosch?

Air filter looks like a no name make but I think the one I have can be cleaned as it's more metal mesh panel filter?

I'd probably do the distributor arm/cap + leads too since they aren't that expensive.

Also it lists so many oils....is it 10w40 semi the Sr20 takes?

So aye.....suggestions on what to buy please :)

Look up 'Conceptua' on ebay

Nissan oil filter/Fuel filter 350Z one/Iridum sparks/Magacore 85 leads

K&N air filter for the box

any 10w40 would suffice.. but Castrol 5w30 fully synth is good for the money... put that in just before I got the car dyno'd did well. Revs nice and free too.. good lube

Stick with NGK plugs, no reason not to.

Also no real need to change the ht leads unless you're having a problem. Some people have found it hard to find a rotor arm that fits in the past.

-phone-

The engine is on 112k so best with the thicker oil?
Look up 'Conceptua' on ebay

Nissan oil filter/Fuel filter 350Z one/Iridum sparks/Magacore 85 leads

K&N air filter for the box

any 10w40 would suffice.. but Castrol 5w30 fully synth is good for the money... put that in just before I got the car dyno'd did well. Revs nice and free too.. good lube

Engine is on 112k so thicker stuff is probably better.

So I need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N15-Almer...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b26cfeb8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N15-Almer...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19be353766

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N15-Almer...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19be2f72b2 < Think I have this already so can I clean it?

These plugs ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N15-Almer...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19be829dec

What brand oil then, castrol magnatec or whatever it's called?

ngk plugs,iridium will last longer than the standard ones,but are dearer.6 range are fine,but i think 5 are standard.
genuine nissan oil filter,less noise on cold start.
i'd reckon the genuine nissan air filter should be cheaper than k&n.
10w-40 full/semi syn will do fine.i like mobil1,royal purple,motul.

I also use the standard bkr6e-11's and replace them every second oil change (12,000 miles) along with the oil filter, though the irridiums are supposed to last 4-5 times longer so would work out around the same price if replacing them at ~60,000 miles so its personal preference I suppose, and although 5w30 is nice for a fresh engine its a little too thin for engines with 60000+ miles on them so stick to 10w40 as already suggested

....phone....

I'll get the standard plugs then. I think I've done 12k since the oil was last changed so really want to do it soon. Replace the sump nut and washer at the same time yes?

Ordering today my RTX Starter from ECP, 4 x NGK normal plugs, 2 x 4L of 10w40 castrol semi, conceptua nissan oil filter and a pack of 5 sump nut washers.

Should be fun :)

Edit: Cars been off the road for the best part of a month due to waiting on a starter motor.

As a trained mechanic (yes read it like Alan Partridge) all you need is standard plugs NGK, cheapest 10w40 semi oil you can get and a fram filter. That's it. Do that every 5,000 miles and your SR20DE will be happy. Standard spark plugs will probably do about 20,000 miles and still not cause a misfire fault. All this iridium/platinum shit for our cars is pointless unless you've got a modified car. Car stuff is like chemists. Boggo brand paracetamol vs Nurafen. Same shit, different label.

Id steer clear of bosch plugs too, i separated the insulator core from the metal nut on a standard ga16 and ive never trusted them since

Glad to hear it. It's the standard NGK listed for the car on ECP. Ordered 2 x 4L of Castrol so that should leave me enough for top ups.

I've taken a gamble on the cheaper starter on ECP as I can't be fucked having to send my old one back for the bosch refund thing. Got one coming from Aky on here too but I'll be fitting the bosch one.

Every 5k! I'm a 'bit' over that the now :( that's probably 4-5 months for me.

Trust me. SR20's need frequent oil changes for good engine life. I think as standard Nissan say every 6k. Also the engine takes 3.5ltr so plenty left :p

Fuck sake. Just seem to never have time but since I have an excess amount of oil left over I will do it more often. I do check and make sure the oil is not getting low every week though. Doesn't seem to burn much I think I've topped it up once in that 12k.

Arghhhhhhh fucking cars lol! New starter is slightly longer than the old one so it doesn't pivot into place quite so well. Seems to get stuck on the black rod that goes from the intake down.

Pissed off but going to try it with one of the 8mm bolts removed from the starter. If not, hammer?

Back
Top Bottom