Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
markbuts3 said:
No-one like Blaupunkt ??
I have a Blaupunkt cassette player which was put into the car when I brought it as it never had one when I originally viewed it, took it out after a few days to put my CD player in though so it has only been in car for about 4 days since taken out of the box. It was quite good, looked fairly good and was easy to use, would consider them for a next radio somewhen in the future.

recently got myself this little number :-
and i'm well pleased with it :D
plays giga mp3, dvd etc...

Photo-0095.jpg

JVC-KDAVX1

I Had a Pioneer DEH-P80MP and i loved it. Suppression sound was crazy i had something wrong with my system so i changed my unit to a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP. The problem was still there :( i changed my car and i am looking for another install :) (I find Pioneer Easy to use)

My Si came with a Sony HU and Clarion speakers as standard. The HU was good but I replaced it with my Alpine 9843r out of my old car, and the sound improved quite substantialy, even with the standard speakers. Friend let me play with his install (no pun intended ;)) which was mostly Kenwood/JVC and I thought it was good, but I decided to go for Alpine since I liked the sound of the brand name ;), and have got to admit, even with clarion front spakers and budget alpine rears (SXE-1725S 6 1/2"), the sound was brilliant.

Now I've got an Alpine SWR1221D sub, 9828RB head unit and ahve just bought some SPS-690A speakers to replace the 6 1/2". Plan to buy some S type 5 1/2" components for the front next.

I'd also like to reccomend Maystar's QX series amps (www.qxseries.com). My fist sub was a £30 sub, amp & crossover thing I bought off eBay, and the amp was the most basic QXA250, but it sounded awesome with the sub, even though it was an ooooold hammered alpine 10" thing. Now I've got a QXT200 running my new sub and the crossover is brilliant, the sound is briliant and I just love the thing to death. Can't say I wasn't tempted to buy some QX 6x9s instead of the alpines, but I'd be curious to know how they'd sound.

id go for kenwood they look good priced good and they never skip or jump over bumps and are easy to use.

Ive got a Kenwood HU KDC-W7531 it came with an iPod adaptor thats one of the reason i bought it its stylish good screen and loads of settings!

KENWOOD-KDC-W7531-WTH-KCAIP500.jpg

Sony, cause it came with my car, so cost was negligable and in all fairness it sounds pretty good.

Perosnally if I was buying, i'd prefer to go for a Pioneer

Ive got an old skool Sony CDX that came as standard with the mera - with the joystick on the column. Sounds pretty good but you have to crank it up alot to get the details out as it seems a bit weak (40w per channel i think).

Had Sonys and Kenwoods in the past (and a Ministry one i bought for 20 bucks off a mate - total crap), will probably get an Alpine with ipod adaptor next as you never hear bad stuff about Alpine :rolleyes:

Heres a question though. What speakers come standard on GTi's, quality seems good. Are they a brand name, or just OEM speakers?

Just had a Sony DVD AV Center installed single DIN.
The wife got it as on holiday gift 4 me - so it was free! So happened to be my birthday too so I think that had a considerable influence. $800 about £500

All nice other than it can't pickup radio very well as the U.S. have different frequencies and the dvd is NTSC playback. However, there are get arounds.

Love Sony products - recommend them for design and reliablility. Although their speakers aren't that good but thats a different story.

Back
Top Bottom