• Panasonic

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
Choosing one would be harsh , so id choose Sony , Alpine , Clarion & Pioneer

bc_1_b.JPG

Namely love that one

its personal preferance i suppose i would pick pioneer, had alpine in past n too fiddly n sounded a bit tinny in my opinion compared to others, got pioneer at the mo n thats spot on my mates had just about every make (jvc, kenwood, alpine etc) but is now stuck on pioneer think hes on his 3rd now

Bit of a tough one.
I used to have a pioneer and was well happy with it.
After 2 years I got a new kenwood to match my other conponents and dont know if I like it too much The face off is not so easy to put on and also loading a disc seems to be a lot slower than the pioneer.But hey,it does the job.

Attachments

• kenwwod.bmp
    263.7 KB · Views: 316
spotted a kenwwod HU today looks a bit like yours RR but it has a G metre in it, how cool does that sound !
flying round corners trying to hit 1-2 G lol

Ive had 3 pioneers, a panasonic, a sony, i reckon i still like pioneers the best, i like the layout, the screens, and the sound of them, reckon my P9R will last me a few more years yet

had pioneer and alpine and i'd say Alpine over the pioneer. Just prefer the sound quality and personally i found the aAlpine better to use. Had the DEH-9600MP pioneer and now have the 9835R Alpine

Well i got a free sony one when i lost my fascia for the clarion! Much better than clarion but it was one from Nissan when i got the car.

Have to say get a lot more with Sony than clarion and only second one ive had so ill go sony

you should go for the alpine 9835, its come down in value because alpine are about to realise a new line!!! its an amazing HU, you can set the specific band frquency for each set of speakers in your car, you have a 5 bandequaliser, it has a 60w internal ampilier and has 3 preouts for amps and the 4th can be turned into an amp output.

if you want professional opinion on what best you should go to your nearest audio centre, would reccomend car audio centre!!!

I just have one of the cheaper sony mp3 cd players. Was able to get a few extra pounds off that one when I got it a few years back. Does the job anyway.

Just ordered this head unit above for a total price of £248.97 from the US that includes Royal mail first class postage and insurance! Been to halfords to get a price for the same thing and they wanted £600 for it :eek:

Paul D GTi said:
Just ordered this head unit above for a total price of £248.97 from the US that includes Royal mail first class postage and insurance! Been to halfords to get a price for the same thing and they wanted £600 for it :eek:

but your radio wont work, their FM frequencys are different, worth loosing your radio though to save that much cash i reckon!

Gynx said:
Choosing one would be harsh , so id choose Sony , Alpine , Clarion & Pioneer

bc_1_b.JPG

Namely love that one

Thats the one im after never got round to purchasing it.

NaylorGTI said:
but your radio wont work, their FM frequencys are different, worth loosing your radio though to save that much cash i reckon!

It will work but the frequency moves up in 0.3 intervals as opposed to 0.1 interval for uk models........ie you can pick up 100.7 but not 96.4.

Back
Top Bottom