What size tires for 17" on n16

Just wondering what the recommended size of tyre is for 17" wheels on the n16 I'm thinking 205/45 would this be right?

depends on the wheel width and suspension mods. I was rolling on 215/40 on 17x8 wheel. Car lowered 30mm.

For correct rolling radius 215/45.

I run 205/45 though too as its close and Im lowered.

-phone-

Ok so collected the rims tonight they are 8x17 and et35 currently fitted are 2x 205/40 17 which personally I think are too narrow for the rim and not enough meat on the sidewalls the other 2 are 215/45 17 an they look perfect tbh but they are scrap so gonna stick 2x more 215/45 on ATM then replace the 205/40 with 215/45 down the line

Yeah ET35 on an 8j rim is bound to rub with an unstretched tyre. You'll need to get those arches rolled.

try 215/40 or 205/45. My previous wheels were 17x8 et35 with215/40. No issues in the front, but the back could be rubbing a bit. Also if you're not lowered there shouldn't be problems for now. I'm planing to go back for that kind of wheel width and offset.

i have currently got 205/40/17's on and they make it ride like a fork lift truck, plan on changing wheels before the summer to a 45 profile. hit a pothole on the quayside in newcastle before xmas which blew both passenger side tyres out and buckled the front rim.

if you managed to blow both tires 45 profile tire won't help you much.. Need to be careful with bigger potholes, lowered folk know this very well.

205/45 or 215/45

If you can afford it, its worth getting Continental Sport Contacts. The ride quality is superior, will give you a lot more comfort, and the improved wear rates don't actually make them more expensive in the long term.

-phone-

Haven't been on for ages, thanks very much for your replies. Now have 215/45/17 momo europe's on and the way it eats corners is phenomenal, rebuilt most of the engine last new year. Replaced all bearings, rods pistons the lot, 2" powerflow cat-back and a hollowed out cat container and recently recalibrated the throttle closed position switch. Performance has improved way more than anticipated but, Seems to bog down and lose a little performance when it's warmed up properly, Just hoping it passes mot next month for now. Lacking in confidence that it will do!

Back
Top Bottom