Wheel opinion required!!

I'm getting 16" wheels/tyres for my 1.5 Almera's xmas but can't decide which of
these four candidates would look better on it.

On it's own I like the second wheel best but think it may look a bit OTT on my car.
Externally the car is standard (although I will drop it 30mm in a couple of months).

I've only got a £500 budget for wheels and tyres, need to order today and want delivery
from a reputable UK company within 3 days and guaranteed fitment so if you're going to suggest alternates bear that in mind - though I'm really just trying to pick between these four now..

What do you all think?

evo-3.jpg
r6.jpg
sswtrex.jpg
d-black.jpg

mymera.jpg

i like the second one the best but personally think the 3rd would suit the car best, or the 1st

1st or 3rd :)

3 or 4, don't even look at the others.

Got a set of no 3 for sale in 16" N16 fitment, but guessin yu want new.

Dont take this the wrong way but there all awful. Need something with a bit more class and thats still doable with £500!

I had a look at rochford but as their prices on the order page didn't match those on the list page I assumed there could be all sorts of hassles.

Are Team Dynamics wheels any good, then?
I'd assumed because they are Halfrauds cheapest offering they were not up to much.

i dont know but for the type of use 95% of people use their cars for, "cheap" alloys wont make any difference. You pay for the looks, they all do the same job.

im quite a fan of wheels that are supposed to look like they are for the car from the off. why not get a set of sport alloys keeping with the original look but also giving a bit of style.

After a rethink about using Rochford in the end I went for 'none of the above' and ordered these. :lol:

They are pretty lightweight so I've gone for 17s instead of 16s and even with the performance tyre upgrade and locking nuts stayed under (ok, on) budget.

Looks were third on the priority list after price and performance but I think these will be OK, especially after I lower the car.

With all the bumper-car trim on the N16 there's enough black on the car already to get away with them.

I suspect this will be a love it/hate it decision. :lol:

rhyd4 said:
im quite a fan of wheels that are supposed to look like they are for the car from the off. why not get a set of sport alloys keeping with the original look but also giving a bit of style.

Me too, usually, especially if looking to sell the car on sometime.

I looked for something that would be fairly plain and unassuming but couldn't find anything that plain in the places I looked (not within budget anyway).

Simcard said:
i dont know but for the type of use 95% of people use their cars for, "cheap" alloys wont make any difference. You pay for the looks, they all do the same job.

Guess so. The Team Dynamics ones I saw back then looked cheap, though. :lol:
The new range looks a lot nicer than the one's I'd seen before.

The ones you've chosen are alright for the money. Although there are some really nice splitrimlookalikes for sale on here for £250 lol but at least this way saves u faffin with sorting delivery

wraith0x29a said:
After a rethink about using Rochford in the end I went for 'none of the above' and ordered these. :lol: :

Nice one. A good manufacturer and lightweight....you can`t go wrong :)

Yeah, it's just less time and hassle ordering new from a supplier and the credit-card company have joint liability if something goes wrong. 'sides - with no ABS I want new tyres for the winter!

you'll have no problems with rochford. had a couple of sets off of them, and when they did forget somthing (spigots and nuts) they were quick to correct the problem

Back
Top Bottom