Where is the cheapest for EBC pads?

D

Deleted member 939

Now that the AOC EBC discount seems to have stopped, everyones getting a dead number - where's the cheapest places people have used? I'm after GTi front pads, either redstuff or yellowstuff if anyone can recommend anywhere.

Well it might still be ok! just the number we were ringing now doesnt work, im sure if we coud find a different number for the same office and find Bob somehow it'd be ok, but i couldnt :(

So going to have a look elsewhere unless anyone fancies sorting out the discount again...

Ebc Shit Stuff!

STOP!!! don't wast your money!! They are the worst brakes in the world! I wouldn't put them on my wheel barrow!

get mintex! 1144 or 1155.
or maybe some FERODO DS2500 or DS3000

i have built and run a few rally cars in my time! I would recomend any of these pads. and beleave it or not halfords standard DOT 5 fluid

Haha, aye halfords fluid is recommended by a few people on here, including me!

To be honest i dont need the best pads in the world, i've got a 1.6 nx, which already has bigger (GTiR) calipers on than normal so it's not like i'm trying to stop a harrier jet, unless mintex are loads cheaper redstuff will be fine, never let me down on the GTi.

I put OE pads on when I replaced the discs, and new discs made more of a difference, than better pads, I can get Mintex pads for a tenner, so will be getting them.

And after 30 mins of hard driving on some very fast B roads, the OE pads didn't fail.

although I used about half a pad. lol

mint 1144 should be a tidy price. and i have had the discs glowing with this set up and still a rock hard feel and great stopping power!

so im guessing OE pads are pretty much the same as EBC black, i loved them but they were soft, didnt last long and i could glaze them easy. I had Apec in my almera but only did 60 miles on them so never used them properly.

In the sunny at the moment i have bosch pads and i think there great, havent managed to glaze them yet and they hardly smell when they been used heavily, not like ebc black where i could get plumes of smoke coming from the wheels.

I want to try ebc greenstuff next time i need the pads changing so i would be interested in this discount if it can be arranged again. plssssssss lol

Rowdy_GTi said:
Has it? Shit! I need some yellowstuff!

Ian, I've just priced up some yellowstuff on www.ebcbrakesdirect.com. Using the promotional code mentioned above the GTiR fronts including postage comes to £50, not sure on the rears though as i dont have any :O

The final price for GTiR front pads was £63.75 including the cheapest postage (Parcelforce 48), and then with the 10% off for buying online and the 15% off from the code the price dropped to £49.44 (again including postage) which isnt too bad.

Although when the EBC discount was working i got front and back redstuff pads for £70 :(

rallyslag3 said:
STOP!!! don't wast your money!! They are the worst brakes in the world! I wouldn't put them on my wheel barrow!

get mintex! 1144 or 1155.
or maybe some FERODO DS2500 or DS3000

i have built and run a few rally cars in my time! I would recomend any of these pads. and beleave it or not halfords standard DOT 5 fluid

greenstuff are shit or used to be, i use redstuff ceramic with good results and soon to try some yellow stuff, they certainly aren`t the worst in the world.

The 1155`s which have a similar heat rating to the redstuff are around £90-100 from what i can find........... :eek:

rowdy my mate has just bought some greenstuff for his almera, should i tell him hes bought crap and buy some redstuff, bearing in mind this is for road use? are red suitable for road or do you have to drive fast on the road to let redstuff work?

Redstuff work fine on the road and work well with OE discs, braided lines and DOT 5.1 fluid ( not DOT 5 )

Back
Top Bottom