Where is the resistor?

Hi, I'm brand new to this kind of thing so I apologise in advance if I get anything wrong. I am a female (and I am only saying that in case any replies get technical as it will show my ignorance) who wants to be able to fix minimal problems on my car and save myself some money plus the satisfaction of having fixed it myself !!
I have a 2005 Almera Tino 1.8 SE. (don't know if the SE bit matters) and my problem is with my air con/blower fan being on full all of the time. After lots of online research I narrowed it down to a resistor needing replacing and I decided to replace the pollen filter at the same time because it looked fairly easy to do both in the Haynes manual. The pollen filter was the easy bit but I just cannot find out where the resistor goes. I have had the glovebox out and removed the fan motor housing and taken it apart (as the Haynes manual instructed) but I can't find out where the resistor is located. I've checked all around under the glovebox and also checked next to the clutch pedal as someone online suggested but it's not there either. I'm completely at a loss now as to where to look for it so I really would appreciate any help in locating where it goes. Thank you

I don't have the Tino manual but a lot of parts are shared with the normal Almera, and i'm guessing this is the part.

Not a great diagram but might help you locate it, seems like it would be on the blower unit somewhere behind the glovebox.

Untitled.png

I don't have the Tino manual but a lot of parts are shared with the normal Almera, and i'm guessing this is the part.

Not a great diagram but might help you locate it, seems like it would be on the blower unit somewhere behind the glovebox.

View attachment 14511

Thanks for the diagram. I've had it all to pieces again this afternoon and have located the amp/ac unit but the connections look nothing like the spare part I've got so I've either got the wrong part or I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll ask the lads at work tomorrow to see if anyone there can help.

Just to let anyone know who might have had the same problem tracing the blower fan resistor, I have had to resort going back to my local garage guy who found the resistor located on the drivers side to the left of the clutch pedal up inside the car so all of the dismantling of the blower motor housing as per the Haynes manual was a complete and utter waste of time!!!

Back
Top Bottom