Who's feeling the effect of the higher petrol prices?

As i'm sure you're all aware, petrol has gone up by about 15p in the last 3 months, that equates to about £7.50 every time we fill up. You feeling the effects?

x

Yeah. A lot, because that as well as all other living costs going up is making outgoings more than incomings.

Not feeling it at all, only when it comes out the ground and I feel such a feeling of satisfaction in knowing that I've helped an Oil Producer make record profits for another year.. :roll:

Annoyingly for me, my Dad works in the oil industry, so every time petrol goes up, so do his wages, and I don't get to see any of it grrr... I'm 18, and I only drive a 1.4 'mera, but I'm really considering downgrading to something 1.0 in the summer...

eco cars now have a large waiting line...

bugger that. I HATE Matiz's. ugly. im sorry but i couldn't have a small car. ill pay the price for a big engine (i dont have more money than sense, believe me. im only a second year apprentice)

Downgrading FTL

But yeah. i do feel the pinch

Yeah. A lot, because that as well as all other living costs going up is making outgoings more than incomings.

Seconded.

Just put £10 in mine @ £1.26.8 a litre!!!!!!! :feint: :grrr:

EDIT: And that`s not even V Power! :(

It`s ridiculous, fuel *seems* to go up everyday.
I get angry thinking about all that tax ,and the oil companies profits.
Still, it won`t last forever....Sometime in the future we`ll probably all be driving something with alternative fuel.

I sure feel the expenses. If only I could find a job. Im barely squeezing out 60 miles to the tenner in my 1.4 and thats with no heavy right foot, its a different story altogether once it is.

i'm getting 350 miles to a tank, equates to 29mpg, how amazingly great is that.

however, since i didnt have a job when prices were lower and i only got one 6 weeks ago, i'm not really feeling any of the increases as of yet :)

Probably cos i'm living at home though.

Kind of yeah. 32mpg is about what I get average, and I still notice it. Tallpaul86 is onto a good thing I think, just wish them cars were a bit cheaper 2nd hand. A diesel is starting to get pointless too, they've latched onto people using them more now, so they just slapped more tax on it, was only a matter of time. Bet LPG starts to rise quickly soon too.
Putting a tenner in is what I used to do a mere year ago quite often, now there's no point really, that's like 8 and a bit litres...:(

I now drive at 60mph going to work, 50 miles/day, and for the past 4 weeks been getting41mpg in my GTi. Next week going to play a game of not over taking anyone i.e. drive at the cars speed in front of me, and see what the mpg go up to. For me dring slower is helping.

Definately, I'm a student who's between jobs coz I just qualified, but we don't seem to have it as bad in Ireland. I can get €1.24 per litre at the minute (the garage is a couple of miles out of my way but worth the long drive if I fill it up as its Texaco), but some places are charging nearly €1.40 so it goes to show that its good to shop around....

Being off the road does have its advantages haha :)
But I'm going to feel it when I get back on the road, especially with the new lump

As a driver, smoker and drinker I feel like I am single-handedly funding the redecoration of MP's second homes.

On the other hand, and unpopular though it is, there is an argument that the rise in fuel prices is around about the level required to encourage people not to use their cars as much which, while we continue to primarily use oil for fuel, is pretty much a necessary (I hate it but that sadly does not make it any less true).

TBH I wouldn't mind so much if public transport wasn't such a steaming pile of shit in our country; dirty, under-capacity, unreliable, inconvenient and full of arseholes. Until they get that sorted people are tied to using their cars and so eventually there will come a tipping-point where the government has to take public transport and/or alternative fuel seriously rather than just soaking up all the tax they can squeeze from the little people to spend on on their fancy rugs, mock tudor windows, £5000 taxi bills, official cars, egotistical multi-billion money-sink projects and medieval foreign policy.

Yes, OPEC rig the prices and tax is a big chunk of prices at the pump but even if those two things did not happen Oil prices will continue to rise because oil is a finite resource, demand is ever growing, the stuff is running out and what's left is harder to get.

We need to elect someone with real motivation to find alternatives and the will to do something concrete to make the solutions happen. Sadly there does not appear to be anyone around who fits the bill. Lot's of talk and little conviction or deed to back it up. It's not easy as someone will complain about whatever solutions are proposed - people don't like change, especially change that requires even a temporary sacrifice, and are reluctant to admit things cannot go on the way they are forever. Changing the world's energy use is probably the biggest political challenge facing ever seen.

£1.20odd per litre!!! jesus H Christ

i thought i was being robbed earlier when i paid £1.12.9 for normal unleaded from shell, i could of got it at £1.10.9 at asda or morrisons but i find the car runs ropey on there crap juice and my MPG goes down.

managed 354.8 miles before the light came on from a full tank on a 1.8 sport n16 it would be nearer 320-30 on supermarket junk.

guess living oop north can have its advantages sometimes

Back
Top Bottom