Window won't work

My N16 passenger window has stopped working (and pushing the buttons either passenger or driver side doesn't work, whereas the driver's window works fine). From having a read on other posts on here, i'll be sure to double-check that the locking button hasn't been pressed (although it would be a weird design if the locking button also prevented the driver from operating the passenger window, i know for a fact i haven't pressed the locking button myself, so it'll mean my partner must have been fiddling...)

Assuming my check results in my concluding there is indeed a fault: I'm thinking it would be a faulty switch, as i think the fuse is in common with other parts (and nothing else is broken), and motors are less likely to bust than switches (other ideas and contrary views appreciated). But where is the passenger window switch (so i can test it), and how exactly do i test it? (have multimeter).

If it isn't working from either side it sounds like the locking switch, yes it does stop it working from either side.

-phone-

This button had been pressed (now to shoot daggers at my partner with my eyes). Good job i checked it first!

Back
Top Bottom