wiring problem...

C

chrisinjail

Hey guys im new to the aoc and was wondering if u could help me with a small wiring problem??? i have just bought a set of defi gauges and link indicator and are putting them in the car atm... the link box has 4 wires out the back... one for 12v power, one for ignition, one for low lights and the other for earth. what wires in the car do they connect to?? ie colour pattern and position behind dash...
thanks guys...

Got a voltmeter? That`ll help. The 12v is a continuous feed, the ign is switched, not sure on the low lights and the earth can just well be earthed. Have fun! i used the ciggy lighter.

hey m8... no defi dont do volt meters, which is a bummer!!! ive got an n16 and dont know where to attach the ign wire as there is like 10 wires coming out of the ignition and i aint got a clue were the light connects to...
ill try the cig lighter for the power and earth is pritty easy too...

A voltmeter is something that tells you how much current runs through certain things.
So what Ian is getting at is get one of those and test the wires to see which has the 12v current running through it.
He doesnt mean a volt gauge.

Have you got a haynes manual for the N16? they have wiring diagrams in the back could be useful

probably easier if you call it a multimeter.

sam a voltmeter doesnt measure current and vice versa, they have to be connected either inline or across the circuit depending on which test. testing voltage is easy though, ground the negative and start probing with the red one, simple.

i'm in a helpful mood I think.

Permanent Live: Pink
Ignition Power: Blue
Illumination: Red/Green
Earth: Black

Thats if spliced into the radio harness.

Defi gauges, eh? someones got some disposable income!

EDIT: IGNORE THAT! Just seen you have an N16. dont have the FSM for one of them i'm afraid.

cov_racer said:
probably easier if you call it a multimeter.

sam a voltmeter doesnt measure current and vice versa, they have to be connected either inline or across the circuit depending on which test. testing voltage is easy though, ground the negative and start probing with the red one, simple.

Think thats what my mind may have been trying to describe :lol:

yep disposable income getting bride seats and takata harnesses soon too!!! lol... were do u get the haynes manual from?? ive looked everywhere for one...
does anyone know the n16 version for what hally was describing??
cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom