wiring up illumination for head unit

How can I go about doing this so that when I turn my head lights on the illumination on the head unit dims

some head units have it on settings you can turn it off on their. but im sure the illumination wire if not connected you dont get anything come up on the screen

I was going to say what cov and scott b said but if its not working get a bulb tester and test the orange wire behind the head unit. if its not working then check the fuse and if there is no fuse you can get 1 from the hazard light switch or the ash tray bulb.

I got mine from the hazard light. I never touched the orignal loom as there was a standard CD player I put my head unit in the glove box

if the orange wire is working then it must be a setting on the head unit

Darren

arnt u running 3 amps... have u got a second battery.. or a cappasitor?

lol whats that got to do with my query?

hmmm, datsun9292 has the same problem then, he is running a fairly decent alpine unit, im running a top notch one and the lumination dont work, didnt work on my pioneer either, worked fine in my paxo so its a fault with the car loom i reckon

rob (datsus9292) said that the n15's dont have illumination, that said, i did buy his almera off him, but it doesnt work even in his gti with his alpine

im sure it came with one but I guess some may have not come with one in your case or a fault in the loom. worse comes to worse run a new one. I would get a bulb tester and test the loom first in case the pins on the Nissan to ISO are incorrect

Darren

Back
Top Bottom