wooo hooo it passed m.o.t!!!

i know nobody cares but i thought it would be going to the scrap man!! all it needed was a bulb! and i got my new rear struts fitted nomore boat feeling, and all that for 50£!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advisory Notice issued

All brake disc slightly scored (3.5.1h)

All tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.D.1)

Service brake, Your vehicle has only just met the required service brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.8)

Parking brake, Your vehicle has only just met the required park brake efficiency. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.9/10)

Fuel pipe/s corroded :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

my brake's are f**king mint :confused: and my hand brake is deadly :confused:

Glad its sorted, your car must have been the most unreliable ever made!.....wouldn`t worry about the advisories either.

Family 5 series has just had an advisory on 'semi corroded brakes' whatever that means. Asked their cheif mechanic to explain what it meant and he didnt know what his collegue meant! All shite mate, they have to put some advisories so its evident they have looked at the car. I fitted new rear discs last week which have discolured already, does this count as corrosion?

rowdy-GTi said:
...wouldn`t worry about the advisories either.

I would typically agree but I've heard a few rumours now that insurance companies are beginning to investigate cases where an advisory notice has been issued against components that may affect the outcome of a claim situation, (e.g. brakes, tyres) which have not been acted upon by the owner.

The garage may issue an MOT certificate for the year, but the brake pads for instance may be down to their last 2000 miles, in which case they'll be shot after a couple of months.

The owner is then involved in an accident and makes a claim. Depending on the circumstances the insurance company may then gain access to the online MOT record and learn that the car has an adivsory notice. If the claimant can not prove that any action has been taken to rectify the issue(s) then it's possible they may be more relucatant to honour and settle the claim.

This was something I've heard from a few people in the trade, so whether or not the story is credible is another matter!

Phase_One_GTi said:
I would typically agree but I've heard a few rumours now that insurance companies are beginning to investigate cases where an advisory notice has been issued against components that may affect the outcome of a claim situation, (e.g. brakes, tyres) which have not been acted upon by the owner.

The garage may issue an MOT certificate for the year, but the brake pads for instance may be down to their last 2000 miles, in which case they'll be shot after a couple of months.

The owner is then involved in an accident and makes a claim. Depending on the circumstances the insurance company may then gain access to the online MOT record and learn that the car has an adivsory notice. If the claimant can not prove that any action has been taken to rectify the issue(s) then it's possible they may be more relucatant to honour and settle the claim.

This was something I've heard from a few people in the trade, so whether or not the story is credible is another matter!

Your not wrong mate, although anyone who ignores worn pads and bald tyres deserves to spin into a ditch and crash.

the only advisory mine got was worn front pads, i checked them a few days later and they were fine, that was in october (i think) and after a few months and a few thousand miles they still dont need replacing really, will do them in the next few weeks while the weather is half decent but really there was no point mentioning them on the MOT other than to make it look real, nobody would expect an 11 year old car to have no advisories.

well done passing Jonny, fingers crossed our p10 might pass first time this year, failed the last 2 on petty minor things while the n15 went straight through

Your brakes may feel fine but on old MOTs the tester used their judgement and never actually plotted the brake efficiency for the weight of the vehicle like they should do. Now it's computerised, it's all done automatically. Every time I have mine done, they have to tweak the figures to get it to pass on the handbrake or it would fail even though it holds fine on hills etc.

congrats that your mera passed mate.

im dreading mine as rust has set in on the rear panel wheres kelvs was.

as for the brake and balance check test (on the rollers) i think im going to have to remove my splitter as mine is only 55mm from the ground at the front dammit!

Always good to get a pass - mine passed on Thursday, Thank-Fork.

Slight corrosion on rear brake pipes and the front crossmember - only to be expected in a 6-yr-old car living by the sea I guess. My mechanic said get brake pipes fixed in the next year or so to be sure to be safe but not to worry too much as he'll check them next MOT. I think that's the point of advisories, it goes 'on the record' and reminds the next inspector to check that area extra carefully next MOT time.

Why is it every time I get an MOT I need one bulb replaced? I check them all the day before (though I'll bet I'm missing one of the Reg-Plate lights or something).

Previous posters are right - passing the MOT just means the car has passed the MOT. It is not a guarantee of road-worthiness or safety - just shows that it's reached a minimum standard (it even says so on the certificate). I generally pay a bit extra once a year during when it's in for service to get a full inspection of all the important bits to check for possible problems.

Damo-Sri said:
Your not wrong mate, although anyone who ignores worn pads and bald tyres deserves to spin into a ditch and crash.

i havent got bald tyres or worn pads!! pads are new!!! tyres 3 1/2 mil!!!! :rasp:

Back
Top Bottom