worrying weld.

I cleared the interior out the otheyday and removed the seam sealer,to see how she's getting on.
It revealed a shit place to rust for me personally.
Right next to a seatbelt anchor point my question is, is it too close for welding up?

Attachments

• DSC_0499.JPG
    DSC_0499.JPG
    764 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0505.JPG
    DSC_0505.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
No, a mate of mine did it. Just miged yeah. Don't forget it's welded there from factory so as long as it's all sealed properly after there would be no reason to worry

I'm worring because i'm doing it ! i got a big amped mig in the garage with my name all over it too.
Funny you should say about "weld from factory" only spot welded though eh!

Thank's spkye for your replies!!! and no seem weld from me i'm afraid i will blow more holes in it there will be nothing left.
I'm going get my mate from work to do it.

high amps will just blow holes. You need to know what you're doing with a welded before just sitting all over it Charley.

....Phone.....

"sitting all over it"? my patience is my biggest fail and @chunky the mig is set up perfect as can be for the mm of the metal.
I would love to have the mera welded up supreme,dont get me wrong but this car only cost me £120 buy back and apart from the pic's posted up that is the only rust this car has.
The rust hole isn't major is it ? structural.

arh i got ya! to be honest i was just going use jb cold weld the pic's made it look worse than it really is and i managed to get most of it seam welded, bar a few tiny holes.
Shocked how most of these n15s mostly have spot weld's everywhere then packed with seam sealer.

What ive done is improved it maybe than going out concourse restoration.

thanks for the replies

Back
Top Bottom